How much boost is safe?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
Hey guys getting a fmic kit and just wondering what would a safe boost level be? I'm wanting to add a boost control once I install the fmic

wouldn't bother increasing boost however a boost controller will help reduce wastegate creep and get boost up quicker.

I'd probably sure up the fuel delivery first, to be safe. Like Tweak'e said you should see a decent increase in linear power delivery by putting in a good quality boost controller.

I used to work at a performance mechanic workshop and that question would get asked so often, my answer was always safe boost is whatever the manufacturer sets it up at. Anything above that and it's a non-linear upward scale of unsafeness...lol

My Nav runs 15psi with the front mount.

Might chip it one day.

However a better turbo is going to be tried first.

Dave.

i wouldnt touch the boost at all. As others said fit the controller to help with the delivery but other then that leave it factory.

What's the actual stock boost of the d22 zd30's?
afaik 15psi. give or take a bit for gauge error. with exhaust mods mine now peaks around 18psi. according to the manual the waste gate is set to 20psi.

Do you use a Dawes valve on the Nav's like the Patrol guys use to prevent over boosting?

Dont need to as they run a standard waste gate turbo.

Only the GU's need it because of the Variable van turbo.

Dave.

I haven't read up on the CRD ZD30's for a while but I doubt the CRD's need the dawes valve.

I could be wrong though.

Dave.

I haven't read up on the CRD ZD30's for a while but I doubt the CRD's need the dawes valve.

I could be wrong though.

Dave.

the crd patrols have a better control system so its not prone to overboosting. just like the D40 navara.
the non-CRD patrol has a fairly crappy control system, something that should have been ditched a long long time ago.

Latest posts

Back