*VNOG* Every Weekend!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Lets see if we can have an outing or event for every weekend ( or even weekday runs) between now and April whilst we are most active.
I would like to see everyone putting up ideas for trips and get togethers so that the rest of us may join you. Or you join us.....you know what I mean.
Use this post to put a link to your trip or to put forward suggestions of places to visit - remember that it doesn't have to be low range and could just be dangling a line off your local jetty or attending an expo or event of interest. Get together and talk shit with one another away from the keyboard - its much more fun!
Coming up so far is
- 28th Nov mud drags at Calder Park http://www.navara.asia/melbourne-vic/5788-mud-drags-calder-park-28th-nov.html
- 11th, 12th Dec Kurth Kilin meet up ( near Cockatoo) http://www.navara.asia/melbourne-vic/5486-vnog-forum-meet-up.html
- 18th Dec night run through Toolangi http://www.navara.asia/melbourne-vic/5763-vnog-night-run-toolangi-date-tba.html
- March / April 2011 Long weekend High country http://www.navara.asia/melbourne-vic/5764-vnog-anzac-weekend-3-days-high-country.html

Last edited:
I'll be doing a two nighter around the 20-22 dec with my kids. I havent decided where yet, but somewhere not too far and pretty relaxed I am considering Toolangi. I'll post up once Ive decided.

Adding events to the calendar feature (located on the jump bar at the top of each forum page) . Could you blokes check it and see that it is working to point to links for whats on?
Added the next 3 weekends to the calendar for upcoming events. Trying to make it easier for everyone to see whats on.
Good or Bad ?

Great idea Aido

I wont be able to attend all events, but will make an effort to attend as many as i can. Looks like the MAXIS muddies will be living on the car 24/7 during the holiday period, if i'm going to head out that often. Better get a couple of spares ....

VNOG is becoming a bit of a force based on last nights attendance figures and interest in upcoming events.........
Due to the nature of 4x4 ( I have found same with motorcycling groups ) every time there is a stop there is much Jibber Jabber and catching up but when on the run everyone is busy doing what needs to be done.
Camping trips suit some but not all due to the logistics of home life so I have a proposal.

A BBQ get together in a central location where everyone can catch up as a group, sink a few and talk about Navaras faster than they can type.
So I'm about to bung up a post but I need some ideas on location.
We wont have this at a private residence but I am looking for a park or similar where we just bring a plate, a few cold ones, kids, dogs and of course don't forget the other half!
Ideas at this stage in central area are;
Along side the Yarra Alexandra Av
Yarra Bend Park in Fairfield
Jells Park
Footscray Park

The above parks have open space, have BBQ facilities and dogs are welcome.
Whilst VNOG is predominately 4x4 based there are a few that may want to meet the motley crew before commiting to a day trip in the forest and there are some with 21" low profile tyres so its just a friendly get together.

Can anyone add to this list? I'll put up a post with a poll of dates during Jan Feb at the most popular site.

Last edited:
So VNOGers - are we doing this????

Jells Park seems popular. (I know nothing about this place).

What date? Sunday, 30 January? (I need time to prep for the show & shine).

(I need time to prep for the show & shine).

Are you referring to your ugly mug or the d22? :sarcastic:
I'll put up a post now with a poll of dates.
Jells Park would be good as there is lots of space, some electric BBQ's and gazebos.

Jells Parks a good place. Basically takes up the corner of Ferntree Gully and Jells Rd, has plenty of BBQ's area's and heaps of parking.

You can bring your dish lickers too Ridge.

Latest posts

Back