Ice Boxes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a decent Ice Box.

I'm keen on getting 2 of the Techni Ice units. One in around 70L and another around 40L or 50L for my beers.

The problem I'm having is that I dont think I'd fit bugger all under the Nissan hard cover on the tub. A quick measure showed that I only have 40cm of height where most ice boxes Ive seen start at around 44cm in height.

Anyone else come across this problem and is so what did you do?

I supose I would have to cut some of the plastic bracing away to make it fit.

I had a simular discusion in another thread - called modify hard lid or something

My problem was fitting a 70L evakool fridgemate under the hardlid. Some possible solutions were mentioned in this thread but none were 100% suited.

My solution came in the way of a custom silver rip-stop canvas tonneau that was installed only 1 week ago. I should have done it much sooner!

If you want to modify the hard lid the best lead i can give is to type plastic welders in to yellow pages and go from there

Laith, ever looked at a canopy? oh and you have picked the right brand of ice box...techni ice are great value and quality

I just love the look of my truck without a canopy. It would be so practical though.

I have read so many posts on other forums with nothing but praise for the Techni Ice units. The price of them is great too.

The Big Chillie ice boxes on eBay come in the right heights for both the 50L and the 70L to fit under the hard cover. Anyone have any experience with them. They look like similar build quality to the Techni Ice.

Well I took a punt and ordered a 50L and a 70L off them today (Big Chilli) for $264.00 delivered.

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
Hard lid will be for sale when i get my act together (silver)

Canvas place could make adjustments to the sail track so that I could interchange between hard and soft covers for an extra $100

Fridgemate was 430mm high - about 15-20mm too much. sooooo close yet so far.

Latest posts

Back