Extra bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hye, sorry for bombarding y'all with questions,
But after this weekends escapades I feel it very prudent that I get some extra bash plates made for the underside of the Nav. Mainly one to bridge the cross members either side of the transfer case.

I say this because I was about an inch away from smashing a stump in the transfer lever arm.

Has anyone else done this? How would you attach it to the chassis? What kind of materials and coatings to use? Where to get manufactured?

Thanks!

I’ve just had 2 Brown Davis plates fitted to my D40. They have only been on there a week, so I can’t give you any real feedback. Other than the transfer case plate was a mongrel to fit, nothing lined up. Once the discover was made that the plate they sent was for a 100 series it all made sense.:lol: The correct plate was sent overnight a bolted straight on.

yeah i was wondering about fitting some also after my weekend out, mainly for the sump/front end. Has ayone got anything fitted to theirs (D22) and can provide pics?

I have the TJM ones for my D22. Were OK but needed a couple of mods to fit properly but worth the effort.

Cheers

ant check my ride thread, theres some pics in there or check them out next week on the qlder run.

depend how handy you are you could make your own plates up.

im planing to make mine up this week or next. going to be using 4 or 5mm steel

depend how handy you are you could make your own plates up.

im planing to make mine up this week or next. going to be using 4 or 5mm steel

Do us all a favour and post up some pics, i planning to have a go at some diy plates when I get around to it.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but its still relevant.

I ended up going with some TJM bash plates, and i had a chop a installing them last night. They're well designed and fit snugly against the chassis... However...

I had to run out and get some very large M10 washers (60-70mm OD) because the supplied washers just slip through the holes in the chassis crossmembers. I was also one nut short on the front bashplate, and I need to do a bit of cutting and bending of the sump guard plate so I can re-fit the Outback Ideas recovery points.

Has anybody else had this?

So in the end they are very easy to fit... But there are some VERY annoying design quirks.

I have done a few mod's to my TJM bash plates so far. Some just to get them to fit properly and some improvments since fitting them. My t-case rested on the guard so I welded on 6mm plate where it bolts to crossmembers to strenthen and space it away. I didn't like that the drain plug accesss hole left the t-case exposed so I fitted 3mm plate over it. The sump guard started to vibrate against the mid crossmember so I rivited some rubber where it touches the crossmember and bent the guard to keep pressure at this point. The stupid bolts on wire rusted and could not be removed so I cut them off and replaced with stainless bolts with lock nut up against chassis and cut grove into end of shank for screwdriver to hold.
Cheers

Last edited:
Joshman, have a look what Al has done, search for 'Als ride' thread.

ok, so the TJM jobs worked a treat today....next thing to get is a rear Diff bash plate...

i only ask because i managed to gouge a hole in mine today...

I picked up TJM's sump and transmission guards on friday, had a go at fitting the transmission guard today and found out a couple of things.
Firstly the holes dont line up perfectly in the front of the bash plate, couple mm out so the bolts dont go in completely square.
In the fitting instructions it says to use 50mm washers, they arent included (doesnt say not included).
I'be got it bolted in at the moment, but I'm going to have to get the washers and re fit.
Might have to weld on a couple if bits of plate also to the rear of the guard like Peter_str as it looks like it might rub on the transfer case.

The sump guard which i havent bothered with yet, does not come with a nut that is needed. Hopefully everything else will be good with it.

These plates seem pretty good but they have got a bit lazy and left out a couple of important bits which is been a bit annoying as I now have to go and get them before i can fit properly and I will probably need to weld on some plate to the trans guard, seems to be a common problem, they should fit properly straight up.

when i went up to the cape i got a brown davies one, which was really good and it took a big beaten, but it does have holes for serviceing which sucks balls

I have the Brownbuilt bash plates ... and have used them to slide over rocks and mudy tracks a couple of times since XMAS ...

Dont know how i still managed to blow the Front diff on saturday, but i did.

I would like to tell how well my tjm sump guard fits but, The service at tjm ballarat is so good that after ordering in middle of January i am still waiting and waiting , waiting ,waiting:sleep::dontknow:so they can kiss my:reddy:

Latest posts

Back