New Torsion Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
Guys,

I got myself a 3" snake racing x-flex lift for the beloved d22. I've got most of it on myself at this point (control arms, brake lines, shocks, shackles etc) however due to my lack of expertise, i didnt touch the torsion bars, so the front currently sags a fair bit atm, im getting the new torsion bars installed by Jax (aswell as the tie rods).

My question is (and i have looked to see if it has been asked before, but couldnt find anything that specifically relates to my question). At the current height, it seems that there is not much clearance between the new control arms and the bump stops. I just dont see how replacing and reindexing the torsion bars will enable the front of the car to level out with the rear. Should i be worried or am I missing something?

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there anything to give me some peace of mind?!

Cheers,

Ray

Are you looking at the top bump stops? You can adjust the torsion bars so there is 10 to 15mm gap on them so the movement will be when the wheel drops down.

Thanks Jason, i was looking at the bottom bumpstop. i just thought as the vehicle got higher, the control arm would move closer to the bottom bumpstop, didnt realise you could actually control this! thanks. Cant wait to get the nav back. Definately handles a whole lot better with the new control arms and shocks!

No problems.

Good luck with it all, post up some pics when it's all done. Will be good to see.

Will do!

I always thought that cutting the bump stops down or getting "low profile" ones was bad for the car?

Will do!

I always thought that cutting the bump stops down or getting "low profile" ones was bad for the car?

Not sure what you mean by bad?

It isn't RWorthy, but neither are your other mods so I didn't think you would be concerned.

No, I thought i read somewhere that cutting down the bumpstops applied more stress on certain components. Not sure how (it might be the same theory behind suspension lifts applying more stress on the cv's due to the tighter angles)

I think it would be worth doing though to get the most out of the new kit! that increased wheel travel would def be handy.

i'm in the view of not cutting the bumpstops. they are there to prevent certain things. like dropping a cv. the nav will go good enough without cutting them. i guess theres different views. oh yeah if you did the control arms yourself the torsion bars would be a walk in the park for you. you sure you want to pay someone to do that? if you do it you can be sure that the bars are seating in enough etc. also it will help to have the experience up your sleeve as you can them change them if they sag a little or you add a winch etc.

Last edited:
i guess i can cut them at any time if thats the path im going to take.

I was determined to get the torsion bars in myself but a few mates convinced me otherwise plus the fact i dont have access to a hoist makes it abit more of a pain when trying to get the height to the right setting!

i guess i can cut them at any time if thats the path im going to take.

I was determined to get the torsion bars in myself but a few mates convinced me otherwise plus the fact i dont have access to a hoist makes it abit more of a pain when trying to get the height to the right setting!

Seriously, it takes 15mins to adjust the height of the front end.

Trolley jack under the crossmember, 3 bolts on the uca and 2 nuts on the adjuster.

1 full turn is about a 3mm raise/drop, (from memory)

Oh well, all done, i know for next time! here are a couple of quick pics i took with my phone of the new ride! Thanks for the help guys

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

When I look at vehicles that have been lifted I generaly look at the sill or side steps in relation to the centre of the hubs.
Going on the pic you have posted of your vehicle side on it looks to be only a gain of 10-15mm over standard height after all your mods. Not wanting to take the wind out of your sails at all but could you get a measurement from the ground to the front, lowest edge of your side step so that I can compare what you have gained over my standard?

we meausred it yesterday from the centre of the hub to the gaurd and it was something like 62mm more than my mates standard height d22. I cant remember the exact figures though. Ill measure the side steps in relation to the hub tomorrow and let you know how i go.

looks good mate. for your reference i have 760mm from bottom of rim to guard.

Latest posts

Back