Nissan New Car Warranties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwijaz06

Reaction score
Nissan are refusing to cover my 08 Nissan Navara D22 4x4 (still under new car warranty) for a broken front diff pinion (2nd exact same part in less than 12mths first one was fixed under warrenty) as they are saying quote "It has been used off-road." As you guys would know the vehical comes out of the factory with stickers on the back that say "4x4 Off-Road." What is the point in having a warranty on a 4 wheel drive if you wont cover it when it has been used for what it is designed and advertised for. I have been in 4 wheel drive circles for many years now and am a member of several 4 wheel drive clubs. Just letting you all know so people who are looking at buying or you guys that own a Nissan 4 Wheel Drive don't end up with the same problem for using the vehical for what it is designed for.

I'd be running that one past the consumer protection body (like the ACCC in Australia).

Curious as to why the same part failed a second time, of course - is it inherently weak?

You don't suggest whether you've done it or not but if you haven't I'd be taking it to another dealer. While another dealer will be able too see your history it doesn't mean they will automatically wipe the deal, although Nissan Australia are ultimately in control of what is and isn't a warranty claim it quite often comes down to how the dealer presents it, if they even present it. For all you know the second claim could be the original repairer trying to hide the fact they did a dodgy job, not saying it is the case but no two dealers are exactly the same or respond the same so take it too a few and see what they say, it's possible a cheaper and easier option that chasing the ACCC and OFT straight off the bat.

Have called Nissan Head office myself and spoke to other dealers and they are saying nothing they can do about it. I have now sent though to every current affairs program i can think of and all the major News Papers. Nissan have charged me $150 just to look at it so i have left it sitting there for the past couple of months while i try and get it all sorted out. I am very unhappy with Nissan and am thinking of once i get it fixed im prob going to get rid of it cause im sick of all the hassels with Nissan.

get the vehicle sigh written about how bad their warranty etc is and park it out the front of the dealer?

Latest posts

Back