bad boost sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting that, low on power, pickup feels gutless, cant even climb a small incline, feels like its not boosting, but I have a boost guage hooked up and im seeing boost up to 15psi at 3K rpm and peaking to 17psi but not feeling it. ITs really hard to drive.

I did the egr mod, gutted the cat (no emission laws in my country), changed my fuel filter, no boost leaks.

With the car idling if i unplug the boost sensor i dont get a check light, even if i drive with it unplugged, still no check light. So is it safe to say its the boost sensor?

Not sure about diconnecting it.

Got any mates with D22's ? If so try there sensor before buying one.

Dave.

It could be a boost/MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. It could also be fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, fuel tank breather, air in the fuel line, air filter - there are a whole range of things that need to be right for power delivery.

I'd try and borrow a sensor and try it out first as Dave suggests, then I'd go over the other items.

I had to replace a MAF sensor. Would not pull at all above about 40km/h. Horribly sluggish. Think I paid about $130 for a new sensor about 1.5 ago. But it took about 2 weeks to arrive (none in Oz at the time apparently).

I had to replace a MAF sensor. Would not pull at all above about 40km/h. Horribly sluggish. Think I paid about $130 for a new sensor about 1.5 ago. But it took about 2 weeks to arrive (none in Oz at the time apparently).

did you get a check engine light with the bad sensor?

thanks, getting a used sensor on Saturday to test out, will update on the results

Anyone knows the part number for the boost sensor or knows where I can get a used one to buy online?

no check engine light.

hey were you getting alot of black smoke?
reason i ask is because I dont even get a puff of smoke on mines, nutting at all. I wanted to make sure it wasnt a fueling with the pump problem before I sink the cash for the boost sensor.

hey were you getting alot of black smoke?
reason i ask is because I dont even get a puff of smoke on mines, nutting at all. I wanted to make sure it wasnt a fueling with the pump problem before I sink the cash for the boost sensor.

theres no MAF sensor on the ZD30. boost sensor is a MAP sensor.

a failed MAP won't cause black smoke. it will just be under fueled ie gutless.

Latest posts

Back