Diesel injection point for DPF burn

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickstar

Reaction score
Had a recent service(30k) Car stalled when started the next day.
Started ok and moving of slowly it stalled.Has done this about 7 times.Was thinking it had some kind of air lock in fuel system.
Have reset ecu and forced a learn.Have even turned off my chip.
Another problem is after driving for a while and slowing to a stop at a set of lights there was smoke pouring from the r,s. Unburnt diesel smell and white smoke. No dpf into burn mode light on dash but I suspect this is what is happening.
Anyone know where diesel is injected into for a burn.
Love to block this.Too many mods to go crying to the dealer.
Need your help with this one.

Check out the DPF removal thread by Bosshog, he's done a good job of writing up the way to remove it and not suffer issues, you might even find where the diesel comes from in that thread too.

afaik the diesel is just injected by the normal injectors but on the exhaust stroke. i don't think these run a separate injector for the DPF.
sounds like you need to space out the oxygen sensor.

Thanks guys looks like I have another mod to add.
The only difference to the other problems was the stalling.
Come to think of it might be the same prob.
Injecting diesel when car is cold might stall it. Anyway hasn,t stalled for a few days so might of gone away.
Have done about 5000 k,s on current mods before the dreaded white smoke.
Cheers and thanks.

Last edited:
It's definitely an injector opening while the piston is rising and the exhaust valves are open, forcing the mist out into the exhaust stream, through the turbine and into the DPF. It's also suppose to feed the CAT like this, and there are signs in the manual that this is what happens, but we've some doubt that the CAT relies on hydrocarbons as a reducant for the conversion of NOx (which is what the CAT is for).

I'd be talking to Robert at ChipIt about a DPF Delete Pipe. Something tells me (and I want to have a word to Bosshog about this) that the pressure sensor placement in the delete pipe isn't perfect, and properly positioning these sensors may also resolve the O2 sensor placement ("Heated Oxygen Sensor" in the manual).

Tony I,m not convinced that the pressure sensor placement is my problem.I ran a DPF delete pipe I had made for 6 months no problems.( same position o2 sensor)I have done about 5000k,s on current 3" DPF removed and high flow cat system and had no probs. Had a recent 30,000 k,s non dealer service and problems started. Have had white smoke and Raw diesel smell about 6 times now.Also stalled a few time when idling off.Was thinking that they used crap engine oil and this may have had an effect on the o2 sensor. I have changed engine oil and cleaned o2 sensor.So far so good.I will have a look at the air filter next.
Service consisted of oil,air and fuel filter replaced.
I gave the ecu a reset and forced a re learn.

Rick

are you not able/confident enough to change air,oil,fuel filter yourself.
its easy as,try it next time and save some dollars.
i would be taking it back to whoever serviced your car and expecting them to sort that out as it wasnt doing it before they serviced it.
joe

Joe yeh I service my 4 childrens cars but I need to have service book filled in by registered mechanic.
He is closed for 2 weeks so I will take it up with him then.
I told him about the stalling and he said to run with out the chip for a while.My guess is they disconnect battery to reset ecu.
Have read that there is a need to earth the pos. lead so nothing is left in memory.Then ecu is reset.So far so good.

Rick

I'm not sure I'd earth the positive lead. If there's any residual power in the ECU's buffer it will be directly shunted to earth and may overload the ECU's circuitry.

Best way to dissipate the power is to press the brake pedal or turn the ignition on with the negative lead disconnected. All remaining power in the car is consumed.

I'd be talking to Robert at ChipIt about a DPF Delete Pipe. Something tells me (and I want to have a word to Bosshog about this) that the pressure sensor placement in the delete pipe isn't perfect, and properly positioning these sensors may also resolve the O2 sensor placement ("Heated Oxygen Sensor" in the manual).

Tony always happy to talk about my favourite subject!! LOL.

Hey Bosshog how many k,s did you manage without the o2 extension before having the dreaded white smoke?
I haven,t fitted the extension yet as the white smoke for me hasn,t returned.Mine I think was related to the service I just had.
Rick

Hey Bosshog how many k,s did you manage without the o2 extension before having the dreaded white smoke?
I haven,t fitted the extension yet as the white smoke for me hasn,t returned.Mine I think was related to the service I just had.
Rick

I have the factory cat and DPF both removed. I run a 3" dump pipe and straight thru 3" pipe. No white smoke since I installed the extension to the O2 sensor.

I have the factory cat and DPF both removed. I run a 3" dump pipe and straight thru 3" pipe. No white smoke since I installed the extension to the O2 sensor.

Boshog Did you get the smoke when you removed factory cat?
I ran 5000 k,s on same mod as you before I had any white smoke.

Rick

Latest posts

Back