Antivirus ? Whats the best one.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

As stated.

AVG sucks, Norton causes issues from what I have seen.

Using Avira at the moment and am thinking of going the premium version.

Dave.

I use the full packages with the firewall, so I was with Trend Micro for a while, but then decided I'd rather give birth to a chair so I went to ESET Smart Security because the reviews were good and it's the evolution of NOD32 Antivirus which owned back in the day. Been happy ever since.

Last edited:
If you are going to pay for AV then get NOD32, one of the best around, always does well in reviews and is an Aussie company.

Cheers, Ill check em out.

NOD32 rings a bell, guy from local computer mentioned that one as a good one.

Dave.

Without a doubt the best is NOD32, been using it for about 3 years now, and each time I try something else I get pissed off with all the bloat and slowdown of the comp and as soon as I go back to NOD32 things are all quick again. If you don't mind buying it online Dave, ESET NOD32 - Security Products and Solutions is the place to get it, that's where I've always bought it, and paid for my updates without any issues.

Cheers for the link.

Not bad priced either.

Gotta get a mate to reformat my laptop because of rubbish AVG. Grrrrr.

My desktop had AVG aswell and that crashed aswell. Had that reformated about a month ago.

So I thought Id get peoples opinions before picking the wrong one again.

Dave.

Using nod32 also. good choice imo. though its not an aussie product just has a local agent. HQ is in Bratislava, Slovakia.

Last edited:
I use Kaspersky Internet security
Most time rated #1 or #2 behind NOD32

Kaspersky is meant to be more user friendly than NOD32 (so some people say). But I have never seen NOD32 in action

For the past 3 years I have used Windows live onecare and have paid $90 odd bucks for it.
Read in a PC mag the other week that microsoft intends to give it away as a free download.
If this is true and and its the same as the bought one then its a top deal as it has been very good and slots into windows without slowing you down and controls all your updates and back ups.

Windows live onecare and have paid $90 odd bucks for it.

That's a classic... develop an OS full of holes for the exploiting, then sell a security package for it!! I gotta get into this Microsoft style of business.

Just out of curiousity, how much memory does it use according to the task manager?

Pro-Nav2.7TDi it looks like it is using 1.9mb. I had always used Norton but that slowed the PC down so much. Onecare is a good program, I'm just spewing I have renewed my subscription for it before they anounced it.

Latest posts

Back