Full dash removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinelli

Reaction score
All right, how the hell do you remove the dash from these things. I've been out there for about 2 hours, I've got the speedo out, the radio and a/c control out, the glove box out, several dozen screws removed, but something along the top of the dash near the windscreen is holding it all in still.

Any ideas?

You need to remove the two directional vent inserts that direct air flow onto the door windows on each side. Get a torch and shine it into the duct, you'll see where you need to stick a screwdriver and pry down to release them. Don't pry off the fins, they're very fragile.

Also you need to remove the trim pieces that cover the A-pillars, and the big metal cover over the windscreen demister vents. Both are held in with metal clips.

Thanks Dion.
I thought you might have a suggestion for this having seen some of your pics.

Back to it!

Almost the same - should have mentioned its a D21 Terrano rather than a Navara, but close enough - no A pillar screws for future readers.

Got it all out other than the manual throttle. Is it brute force, or is there some trick to it?

I can see it's all pretty much all one loom across the dash. I think there is even a sunlight sensor on the top of the dash for the the auto air control. All labelled up and ready to remove from the wheel well now. Still two bolts to separate the motor from the tranny though, bastard of a thing.

Got it all out other than the manual throttle. Is it brute force, or is there some trick to it?

It's a funny arrangement, I usually go for the rip and twist and the little knob comes off, so yes, brute force. Every time I'm sure I've broken it, but it goes back on, no worries.

Well, brute force it was. Twist, turn, yank, twist again, tank some more, and off it comes.A little worse for wear, but useable again. Unlikely to even need it up here in the tropics, but I like to do complete.

Hey, you mentioned the five point suspension on the Terrano, didn't you get one of those last year from Bribie or something? Did you ever put it on any of your fleet of Navaras?

Unlikely to even need it up here in the tropics, but I like to do complete.

It's handy for hand throttle control off road too, don't forget. Not much good if you're fitting an auto I spose

Hey, you mentioned the five point suspension on the Terrano, didn't you get one of those last year from Bribie or something? Did you ever put it on any of your fleet of Navaras?

The bits are sitting in my carport, it's the next major project. I want a second one for another project I'm considering (on the same car)

Latest posts

Back