CD player not Loading

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stxowner

Reaction score
Well here we were, away for a few days between Xmas & New Year and heading up to Jurien Bay when the radio reception died out and the wife decided to play some new CD's. Unfortunately the CD's would not load so I had to listen to the wife instead :sad: This was the first time I had tried to use the CD player so obviously dissapointed it didn't work. Anyway took back to the dealer and the service mgr had a quick look and said no prob will order in a complete new unit and replace under warranty as soon as the new unit comes in - gotta be happy with that :cheers!:

Not directly related to the CD player problem but for general interest....I do a lot of off road travelling and while the CD's in my D40 don't skip on the corrugations (yet!) I figure that corrugations and spinning discs can't be a good thing. So I've loaded up a iPod thingy (not an actual iPod but you get the drift) with about 10000 songs and just put it to random when travelling......I know I'm getting older and my memory is starting to fade a little :big_smile: but buggered if I can recall hearing the same song twice in nearly 60000km. :big_smile: Oh and I just plug the iPod thingy into the aux inlet in the upper glove box.

Yeah I reckon thats a good idea. When I go somewhere really dusty or to the beach I put a piece of electrical tape over the CD slot too to stop all the crap getting inside it.

might be a dumb comment but have you pushed the load button on the cd player? i didnt realise the load button when i first tried loading cds until missus said why dont you push load.

I had the same problem cd player didny grab the cd until I pushed load,Maybe because its a 6 stacker? Anyone have any experience in this yet me know as the manual says that it should automatically grab the disc and play.

Didn't grab until you pushed load? That's the way it's suppose to work as far as I know. Pushing the Load button allows the unit to prepare for grabbing the disc, being is a live type state waiting for a disc in the hole would be potentially dangerous.

Latest posts

Back