D22 Steel Bull Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Wyrsta

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I came across a bar at a wrecker today - so I bought it!

It's a Nissan Genuine bar fitted to an 04 vehcile I believe. The genuine manual says the part number is F2210-VK200AU. The manual also says it's for a 4x2.

Believing the mounting would be the same, I bought it - but now that I have found that it is for 4x2 - I am concerned that it may not be appropriate for my D22 2008 4x4. I have read a warning before that some steel bars cannot be used with SRS airbags.

I rang Nissan but they confused me...

Questions:
1. Is this bar compatible and lega for my vehicle?
2. If not, who would like to buy it?

Thanks,
Luke

It should bolt up but I think the difference is the 4x4 bar has a better approach angle.

Dave.

Out of interest, how much did the bull bar from the wreckers cost? I'm thinking of changing my alloy bar for a steel one so I can mount a winch.

Out of interest, how much did the bull bar from the wreckers cost? I'm thinking of changing my alloy bar for a steel one so I can mount a winch.

Think I got lucky.

It's a genuine Nissan steel bar with indicators which I would rate at 9.5/10. Looks practically new.

It has no fractures or repair welds, dents, dings that I can observe with my (inexperienced) eye. There is a minute amount of rust on some points where the coating has been scratched down - that's acceptable.

It's black, which is perfect for my black D22 ;) .... I will want to get it resprayed due to the minor cosmetic scratches and scuffs.

I paid $400.00...

It should bolt up but I think the difference is the 4x4 bar has a better approach angle.

Dave.

Thanks Dave...I'll find out in the next couple of days when I get around to mounting it...

I am still rather concerned about any legal/insurances issues surrounding steel bar and SRS airbags...

Luke

Put up some pictures so we can have a look at the mounts ect, then we can probably tell you. As it is from a 4x2 does this mean that there is no winch mount?

Got some photos from today...if they aren't good enough or show enough detail i'll take some proper pics in daylight tomorrow...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 206
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 266
Hi guys,

I'm having difficulty removing the bumper.

I can find to bolts under the front chasis. One each side.

An arm each side with bolt.

I can also see two very small bolts near the grill - having trouble getting the grill off.

Any other bolts to remove and any tips on removing the grill - proving quite fiddly?

Luke

How can I tell if i can fit a winch (in the future) to this bar?

Err, the lack of a hole in the middle to install it?
Caveat, i'm just guessing from what I've seen in images in other posts where they have a rectangular hole cut out for the winch(number plate in one case) to be installed.

Err, the lack of a hole in the middle to install it?
Caveat, i'm just guessing from what I've seen in images in other posts where they have a rectangular hole cut out for the winch(number plate in one case) to be installed.

Hi Terry,

I just figured there were many holes near where the stone guard goes - so perhaps the gaurd could be removed to make way for a winch mounting.

I'm a newb - so i'm learning here.

Luke

You wont be able to put a winch in that bar and the airbag compatable 4x4 bar has seperate mounts between the main body of the bar and the chassis with 2 45' bends to form a crumple crease so I doubt that that bar is airbag compliant.

Latest posts

Back