Justdrinkbeer's D40 King Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Not much to report, picked it up tonight, feels nice enough, will post more as I get chance.
Have to say Randwick Nissan were very good to deal with, but come on boys, $47500 car and it splutters to the first servo I can find (3km)!!
Happy boy though:victory:
More pics tomorrow

Attachments

• Roy 56km.jpg
    Roy 56km.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 22,223
Looking good. I've found; Buy a second hand car and you get a full tank (and if you're lucky a fuel voucher for another) but if it's new, you barely get enough in the tank to start it. If you only think of it before you sign the deal, I'm sure they'll throw a tank in, but you're usually too excited about the new car :D Have fun

nice ute mate they musta stung me good i paid 53 tho i had bullbar driving lights turbo timer steel tray n BF's on top. Yeah fuel well i got home at least

I paid $40200 TD Manual, I specified the tank to be filled or I wouldn't take it back for servicing, did the trick, full tank and that was when diesel was $1.45 Nov last year.

haha we got up to 2 dollars 5 cents a litre for about a month last year. went from putting in 140 bucks in to fill up to about 220. rip off lol. down to about 1.35 now tho

I must have looked needy or something. I paid $41,000 on road & they included tub liner, turneau cover, 3000k tow kit & they threw in a full tank.
Rex Gorel Nissan Geelong.

Last edited:
Wow, its how long since I posted up on my build?

So what order did i do things in...............
First off got a set of Mickey T's MTZ's, 265/75 16 and it has changed the look of it just nicely, after that i got a custom Aluminium box made to fit under the tray, and hooked it up as a water tank, holds 95 litres, aslo connected a pressure pump up to it, is a deckwash pump for a boat so I get hosepipe pressure water where ever I go, thats a very cool mod

Attachments

• PA170172.jpg
    PA170172.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 129
Then a second battery was forced in, again a chequerplate alloy box was made to suit and the battery fitted in it, what a pain in the arse, box not right size (picked a big arse battery, why i dunno), had to drop the battery in from above then bolt the lid on through the door, and bolt the whole thing to the tray, finished well into night time before scooting off to fraser island.
Used a Shure solenoid from ARB, fit a fuse box up in the toolbox to suit & some 12V outlets in the tray & in the box, I like this mod a lot!

Attachments

• PA170181.jpg
    PA170181.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 91
Then I threw an ARB awning up on the roof, thought this was a bit gay at first, but when I was crashed out on a beach near coffs and the heavens opened I quickly changed my tune, what a fantastic investment!

Attachments

• PA220175.jpg
    PA220175.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 111
With the little one a dual cab would make things easier.

Can I have a drive. lol.

Dave.

Thats the angle i'm working, what if I have to ick her up from school blah blah.

Show me some tracks and you can have a drive.:suicide2:

A mate of mine on here and I hang out with, his aunty and uncle run Gloughster Tops caravan park.

Some good tracks up there.

Dave.

Went up to coffs a little while ago, managed to collide with a tree (no I wasn't drunk mr officer), anyway, seemed as good an excuse as any to put a bar on it, looked at the options and was keen on the XROX bar for a while, just not sure they suit the D40.
Settled on an ARB Sahara bar, I recon it looks the goods, had to be a little bit classy as its still my work car, haven't seen another king cab with the sahara bar on so i'm going to claim i'm the first!

Attachments

• P1010276.jpg
    P1010276.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 81
  • stockton9.JPG
    stockton9.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 107
Thats as far as I have got with it just now, hopefully a set of sliders and a bash plate, as some may have seen my other post about getting them made.

Not sure, a month or so as I have a few things on or even the new year.

Christmas ain't far off now.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back