New to this

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippo

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just bought a new 2011 Auto ST Navara. New to this and was just wondering if i should update any of the factory stuff on the ute or do any mods to it, so i dont have any big problems in the future. Looking at mainly doing beach work and light 4x4, wont be towing any big camping trailers either, will just be towing a trailer that will have my bikes in it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Of course you can update anything you want, and the number of mods you can do directly relate to amount of cash you have sitting around. I don't know that any mod will stop you having big problems in the future (in fact some mods might create it) but each mod has a purpose and you'll need to weigh up the cost, the practicality and the function of each mod to decide if it's worth it.

Some will say there is a minimum list of what you need to do but realistically you brought a 4x4 if you know it's limitations even a stock 4x4 can get you a lot of places. As a minimum I'd suggest you read up on the mods other D40 drivers have done and try to formulate some ideas as to what suits the conditions only you yourself know you're heading into. There is plenty of mod options and plenty of threads relating to them all and you'll find most are pretty helpful.

Thanx guys i'll definitely read up. I hav heard and read alot of people updating there suspension should i be concerned with this. I will basically hav in the back is a bullmastiff dog and a bulldog not much weight at all and my camping gear, normally only go camping for week long trips so nothing to serious.

Number one for me is underbody protection and my number two would be bigger tyres and three would be a lift kit.

tyres and a bullbar with spotties wil be the first things on when cash permits.

Latest posts

Back