EILDON...Taylors track

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi men & ladies,
Im wanting to go to Eildon this weekend with my son and his mate who want to bring their dirt bikes.
I wanted to know if we can tow a NON off road trailer in there with the bikes on.
I will be turning off the Eildon Jamieson road onto Taylors Creek track and following it down to the lake,or maybe turning off onto Brians track that goes down to Burnt Bridge camping area.
any feedback is appreciated..
thanks,joe:rock:

Last edited:
Joe, maybe try pm ing ONLOCK, he said he has a place up Eildon way and knows it pretty well, could be your man.

Eildon/Jamo Rd no worries, but the tracks are anyones guess.
Been a lot of rain in the past 4 or so months at different times.
Unless someone has been up those tracks recently I'd be cautious.

ok thanks digbyj and kranin.
i rang the guy that told me about this place and he reckons no worries,hes towed a tinny right thru there to jews creek so a bike trailer should be no worries.

Ok heres a trip report and a few pics from our weekend at Eildon.
We headed of from Rowville about 8am in my narvy and Steven and Mark in his maverick/patrol,towing their dirtbikes behind.We got to Eildon and headed up Taylors track which is easy going and links up to other nasty,rocky,steep tracks.We were looking for a perticular spot and ended up driving around untill 7.30 pm Saturday night.....what a long day..
We couldnt find our way to the spot as some smart ass p@#$%,smashed some cruical sign posts we were looking for and we ended up on some nasty tracks like WOMBAT TRACK. and PINNACLE TRACK which were rather hard towing a trailer with 2 bikes on board.
A few welds on the borrowed trailer began breaking and Steven had to ride his bike along some of these steep tracks...he wasnt having fun..
We ended up camping at Water Creek Track,we were starving by now after only a few beers along the way,as it was bloody hot...
Next day the boys went for a ride,had a spill each but enjoyed the day.
Packed up and left about 2.30 and headed back home,hoping the trailer held togather,which it did.
I spent Monday cutting off the tie down rails and welding on 4 new ones and welding the hinges of the tailgate back on,and i wasnt even using it....Oh well thats what dads do for their son and his mates..
As for the Narvy,it handled everything with ease......
Steven and Mark doing a u turn at a dead end at Wombat track
PICT0058.jpg

heading back out from Wombat track
PICT0060.jpg

another dead end,nice backdrop for the D22
PICT0061.jpg

at the top of a nasty hill
PICT0063.jpg

Thats it for now guys..

Thanks guys,it looks nice where im parked but too steep to get to the water ..
That is the big river arm Scotty..
I forgot to mention before we got to within 200 mtrs of a campsite but were cut off by the high water so we wanted to see what we missed out on so ended up swimming/drowning accross about 100 mtrs of water.We used an 20 ltr plastic water container and one plastic petrol container as flotation devices to help get accross....very funny to watch..
turns out to be a very good campsite with drop dunny.bbq area,shade.etc

I didnt think you could go down brians track? when ive been up there, theres a gate thats always been locked.
On the other side of the gate the track is rocky and steep in places, ends up near burnt bridge on the other side of the river.
Whats witht the name "burnt bridge"? did the tracks use join up via a bridge?

yes Brians track is still closed..stuffed if anyone knows why....
all other gates are open..
we found a campsite at Water creek track,and the best way in there is by boat..
we wanted to get to Burnt bridge but couldnt...shame about that..

Latest posts

Back