Another Day of exploring: GlenRock SF & Wallers Rd-Murphys Ck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Got inchy feet again and decided to go for another drive after I finished my night shift. I've had in the back of my mind for a years now to visit a place called GlenRock NP.... I also thought while I was out that way that I might give the D22 Nav it's 1st taste of 4wdriving by driving Wallers Road again on my way to Murphy's Creek. So, come knock off time, I jumped in the Nav and headed out to Gatton and then turned south to Mt Sylvia and onto Glen Rock NP. It was amazing to see how the floods back in 2010 are still getting repaired with the road now in some places actually in the dry creek bed.... will be interesting to see what happens if we get another flood like we did in 2010.

Reached Glen Rock NP and was pleasantly surprised at the ammenties but didn't see anyone and could not see any walking trails and certainly no water in the creek, so I don't think it would be a place I'd be in a hurry to head back to......unless u like your solitude

After I finished my smoko, it was off to Wallers Rd and to see how the old D22 performs along Wallers Rd with it's road tyres that only have a little tread left. Arrived at the start of the track and locked the hubs in but couldn't be bothered to air down. There's a little steep, loose rocky section at the start and the Nav went up w/o any issues.... except for the mystery

clunking that came from the front suspension. Stopped for a look but couldn't see any rubbing or anything... all looked good. Pushed on and got to the good section of wallers rd where it was play time for the Navara.... :) After taking the usual pics, etc came across the Army doing some driver training, etc.

From Wallers Rd it was onto Murphy's Creek Campgrounds to see whether it's a place to take the family to..... On arrival, I had a quick look around and a chat to the managers.

Looks like it would be a nice place, but I did hear a passing freight train go past in the distance.... Nice creek with a great swimming hole to. From here, it was back in the car and homewards..... to a waiting bed.

Pics located here: GlenRockSF-

WallersRd-MurphysCk

Travelled some 430kms in the 8hrs from start to finish.....

Glen Rock NP Info centre
GlenRockNP033_zps0e0cb17e.jpg

GlenRockNP008_zps5cbedfd4.jpg

GlenRockNP021_zps08351fee.jpg

GlenRockNP028_zps7968eb9d.jpg

Yeah, it takes a bit to get use to driving a open diff 4wd again..... my other little zook with lockers, u just point & shoot. I can't really do that in my D22 :(

Nice work on the old shutter box, and looks like a awesome spot!! i like the look of those hill climbs

glen rock is beautiful place to go, been there a few times there are trails just really annoying to find

murphy's creek is nice if you get one of the secluded campsites

never heard of wallers rd.. looks good not too far either

Latest posts

Back