My new bar!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score

Finally got the new bar and snorkel last week, I'm pretty happy. ARB Sahara steel bar with stainless centre loop.

What do you think?

Nice mate, really looks the goods.

And if I could spend some of your money as well I would say lift and rubber :p

Yeah definately lift and rubber next. I will get the lift done and see what size tyres I can squeeze under there. Probably BFG A/T's, would love to get something close to a 33 under there. 275/75/16?

I got it lifted today! King springs and Lovells shocks. Wow she certainly came up! I will have to measure it in the light in the morning but it certainly looks more than 40mm!

I have only driven it home from the mechanics but the ride is certainly different, it didnt seem to body roll like before, and feels a lot firmer (not rough, just firm) It has heavy springs in the back and no load so I expected it to be rough as guts but it's certainly not. Long range tank going in soon should settle it down anyways.

Pics soon.

awesome matt... bet she looks great. yeah i reckon the heavy duty springs are nowhere near as bad a ride as they say.

I've got kings extra heavy duty and I find them soft?? Bull bar looks great next you'll need a winch. As far as tyres go 265/75 are the biggest you can fit on 7" rim and you would need to do a body lift for anything bigger..

Its hard to see in pics but certainly looks a lot higher than standard in real life.

Now I REALLY need to get some tougher looking tyres!

Hey Matt, thinking of getting one of those bays for my D22.

How much did it set you back.

Dave.

They are lovells springs in the front
Looks great
Cheers

The truck looks good mate. That lift looks huuuge, looks like more than 40mm. Are you getting any contact between the upper control arm and the coil spring bucket.

What spec springs did you put in. How do you find the suspension as a whole and last but not least did you get around to getting a measurement on the lift.

Mick

Yeah Cracka its 90mm at the rear and 75 at the front.

I absolutely love the height of it but I would go softer springs next time. They are the heavy duty ones, and as much as the guys said that they are not that stiff, they are stiffer than I would like. Its nice and firm and rides better than before but it isnt plush and doesnt like speed bumps anymore. I havent found any issues or contact with it being so high yet, nothing hit when we went out bush on sunday.

I parked next to a standard height one today, man there is a big difference!

You got great value out of the lift then. I assume those measurements were 90mm and 75mm higher than standard.

Its great you got no contact, I only ask as I see its a pretty common topic on other forums with lifts over 2", and I'm doing my homework before I lash out on wheels/tyres and then lift.

Now, let me get this right, Kings springs and Lovells shocks! I see Zordo's post on this page says you have Lovells springs on the front, they are the right colour for Lovells! Which is right, because I'm impressed with the lift.

And if ya don't mind, where abouts did you source your lift kit from.

Thanks mate.

Yeah Zordo may well be right, I will confirm exactly what they are when it goes back for a check up and check the wheel alignment at the end of the month. To be honest I am not 100% sure what they put in, I just said 'do what you think' lol. They are definatley lovells shocks.

My mechanic in brisbane organised and fitted the stuff for me.

I have got the measurements from the ground to the wheel arches at work so I will grab them when I get in there, that might give you a better idea of how its sitting. Im pretty sure the centre of the back wheel arch is 980mm from the ground, I cant remember what the front is.

Latest posts

Back