chris's d40 nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrlskr

Reaction score
I am new to the forums and would like to say hi, i have recently aquired a 2008 navara d40 t/d stx, so far so good, i absolutly love it.

a few features it has are:

2inch suspension lift in front, air bag suspension in rear, huge fuel tank (unsure of litre capacity), factory snorkle, factory nudge bar, ipf spot lights, factory 3t tow bar, canopy, arb belly plate.

future list of things to be done:

decent tyres as the factory contentials really dont do much off road, set of light force spot lights, turbo timer, and maybe a little higher on the suspension.

few pics for ya's :rock:

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25,811
  • 553.jpg
    553.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 622.jpg
    622.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
future list of things to be done:

turbo timer, and maybe a little higher on the suspension.

welcome mate.

just to save u dollars few guys have advised with the d40's dont really need a turbo timer..due to some sort of better cooling system or the turbo doesnt get to hot for it to be kept running once engine is off...

2" (realistic 40mm) is prob the best ur gonna get with the UC arms limitations unless u go for the calmini kits

yeah mate been up to lano a few times, likes getting bogged lol

thanks 4 the info regarding the turbo timer and suspension really appreciate it, i notice you have a set of 265/75 16's fitted, how do they go? do they rub or anything?

yeah mate been up to lano a few times, likes getting bogged lol

thanks 4 the info regarding the turbo timer and suspension really appreciate it, i notice you have a set of 265/75 16's fitted, how do they go? do they rub or anything?

I have a set of Cooper ST 26575R16's and don't have any issues. If you are setting up the Nav as a tourer maybe a double din dvd navigator with reversing camera might be the go? Just a thought. I would leave the suspension where it is and probably stick with the spotties that are already one it. The lightforces are fantastic butare they going to make that much of a difference compared to the Ceebies you already have???

Oh, if you are going to continue going to Lano then definitely your next mod should be a set of engine/radiator and trannie guards (belly plates). Well worth the investment.

just out of curiosity how much did you pay for the coopers mate? got the belly plate big long thingggggggggggggggg lol, had the double din dvd quoted $700 for clarion fitted with reverse camera but unsure where to mount camera? where abouts did you mount your camera?

just out of curiosity how much did you pay for the coopers mate? got the belly plate big long thingggggggggggggggg lol, had the double din dvd quoted $700 for clarion fitted with reverse camera but unsure where to mount camera? where abouts did you mount your camera?

Unsure how much the coopers were as they were purchased though a fleet company. If i did know it would be much use to you cos i would have purchased them in the Pilbara which means double anywhere else :rant:

There are two TJM belly plates. One that protects the radiator and the other trannie etc. The long one goes to the rear. I think there is an excellent thread on here somewhere which shows how it's fitted with step by step instructions. Make sure you have the wired nuts to fit.

My camera is mounted in my rego plate. It gives me a great view of the tow bar and i now no longer need the misses to guide me back (and when she does i still miss the van by half a car width). See attached images. Probably get a better view if mounted higher. But this does the trick.

Last edited:
but unsure where to mount camera? where abouts did you mount your camera?

If you don't need to see your towball when reversing there is always the mount in the canopy option. I made up a neat little bracket to hold my camera and it sits at the very top of the canopy window, it's out of the way of even the biggest load I can get in the canopy and if if I need to drive with the rear canopy door open it still doesn't get in the way. It's always easy to get to should I have any problems and if I'd taken a little bit more time I could even have hidden the cables, instead they are just stuck to the roof. Because of the angle I can see to within about 4 inches of the towball but I don't use it to back up to trailers anyway because I'm used to using the mirrors.

really appreciate the feed back guys helps alot, might fit it to the canopy that way i have more of an ariel view.

If you fit it to the canopy window and drive with the window up it's definitely an aerial view :smile: However I have noticed with mine that I can still carry ladders, building toms, timber etc with the rear window held down by bungy's and the camera still shows more than enough to reverse into the garage.

little update guys getting a new iron man bull bar this week will update pics soon as its all done

Nice man the protector bars look mint on the D22. What style are you getting for your D40?
Lancelin is amazing sand dunes! Went up there last year and earnt 4 cartons pulling out rookies haha. Hard to read the dunes sometimes though! I'll post up a pic of my mates unlucky sand dune sandwich. My display picture is at lancelin with a bit of flex. Nice D40 man

not sure dude all i know is its an iron man protector bar which is winch compatable, looks cool in pics lol hope it looks good on the nav, do you know of any cool 4wding spots in perth apart from powerlines? went down to preston beach the other week for some fishing that was fun.

Not sure about 4wd tracks because I live south of Perth in the Great Southern.
You can have a look in some Hema maps ect I suppose or try some other forums ect on the web to find some nice spots

its been a while since ive updated, got some new bits and pieces done far from finished but getting there slowly, new bits are as follows:

3inch exhaust-dpf back
2inch tough dog suspension lift
2inch body lift
xrox bar
steel wheels & 33's 4rib atz's
alpine dvd/gps unit
dual batterys
roof racks with shovel holder/high lift jack
awning

Attachments

• IMG_9862.jpg
    IMG_9862.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_9675.jpg
    IMG_9675.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_9917.JPG
    IMG_9917.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 210
Oh also got a set of outback accessories front recovery points, reverse camera, rear spot lights & a set of light force spotties

Oh also got a set of outback accessories front recovery points, reverse camera, rear spot lights & a set of light force spotties

Looking real good mate. Like the style youve gone with. Kinda looks lile how i want mine onve the finance minister aproves my capex. What side awning did you go with??

Looks pretty tough man. The tube bar actually suits it real well. Nice stance on it too. One of the first white Navaras i have seen that doesnt look like a council vehicle.

Cheers guys appreciate it, I went with the brand called feather lite, had it on a little over a year and a half so far so good, works a treat.

Latest posts

Back