Securing WAECO 80L in a D22 tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as the best way to do this? I don't think I can justify spending the $350 on a fridge slide, as without a canopy there really isn't any need for one.... I was thinking either glueing or bolting a couple of eyelets to the tray and then tying the fridge down through it's handles using these......

I think it was bosshog that did a similar thing with his fridge in a D40, D40's have the utili track system but the principle is the same, bolt through the floor or track and tie it from them to the handles.

I got a peice of 19mm ply on the floor of the tray with 40x20mm rectangle where the waeco goes and some eye hooks through that which I strap down too. Works well, done some prety serious offroad and never moved an inch.

Cheers

Here's my (D40) set up.

I have since added some purpose built tie down points instead of using the fridge handles.

P1010609.jpg

Does that channel sit below the ribs in the tub Gus? Looks like you are running a tub liner.

What brand rail/eye bolts?

The channel is part of the Utlitrac system that the D40 comes with. It sits flush with the ribs in the tubliner. The eyelet, nut and washers are from Bunnings.

Latest posts

Back