D22 Handbrake springing up....???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKT

Reaction score
Heya All,

My first post but I've spent the last 3 months trawling this forum before buying my '04 D22..... Thx for all the info so far.

I've got a question about my handbrake. Not sure exactly when it happened but only a few days back. I think I released the handbrake whilst facing uphill on the driveway.... when I released it, it went down but then kinda sprung up a little again. And now it does it all the time. I hold the buttonin and push it down and it just pops back up a bit.
It springs up about half an inch or so, just enough to set the light of on the dash. I doubt its actually engaging any handbrake.

I expect its the cable maybe hooking up somewhere or a funny return spring or something similar.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and resolved it...??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vehicle - 2004 D22 3.0 ST-R, manual

Pull the centre console out mate and have a look at the metal pipe section that the cable comes through on the floor.I think you wll find that the weld has broken on the plate where it comes through the floor.If this is the case you may have to reset it and do a couple of little spot welds with a mig and dampin it with a wet cloth straight away so you dont damage the cable.Also check the adjustment of your cable as it may not be adjusted properly and you may be getting your slack from there or a stretched cable.My metal tube coming through the floor had broken the weld and this is how I fixed mine and so far no dramas with the hand bake.
I hope this helps.

i had the same issue with my handbrake ... i think the dealer just gave some slack on the adjustment as there was a tad too much pressure, but now the handbrake dont hold properly.

I had that problem about 2 years ago.

The cable from the handle was replaced. Fixed it.

Latest posts

Back