Remote entry

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusdale

Reaction score
G'day fellow Navara lovers.

I have just purchased an 06 ST-R D22. It has central locking but no remote. Did these models come with central locking as standard?

What I want to know is if they did, where can I get a new remote from. If not then is there a kit to convert it to remote central locking?

Cheers.

gusdale

most D22s are in the same boat ( my brand new 1 is the same) I just upgraded to an alarm with the remote (mongoose M20) to get the keyless entry. Was $300 fitted you can get cheaper if you dont want alarm and just the immobilizer and remote

Cheers
Rosifumi

D22's don't come with keyless entry as standard. I had mine fitted by Nissan as aftermarket accessory.

I'm in a similar boat having just moved up to WA from Vic I have a 06 D22 with no remote and no imobilizer. As it is a reqirement over here to have an imbolizer I have to get the imobilizer fitted before I get the rego changed from vic to wa. Getting a remote system installed at the same time only makes sense, not sure if they automaticly come together but I presume they do.

I have an alarm in mine.

PM Nizzbits for the genuine kit.

Speaking of which, I gotta pay the man.

Update fellas:
Nizzbits can supply a genuine upgrade kit (thanks for the quote Nizzbits)

I have decided to go for the Mongoose M60S ($145 eBay) My other option was the M20 like Rosifumi. The M60S comes with a turbo timer built in and water resistant remotes.

Going to fit it myself.

I just got a mongoose kit upgrade to key less entry cost about $150 a couple of years ago no alarm or immobilisers.

Hey sparra04 did you have any major troubles with the jay car locking kit. I am looking to use the same kit in a few weeks ( along with the door light switches I just got from the wreckers) and am looking for any clues. Ben ps I have so far checked 18 of the 24 pages of d22 electrical gaining info before asking.

Hey all have been looking at everything I can on this topic. Anyway was not going to worry with the effort of installing but got quoted 500 for a standard keyless entry and install. Needless to say I am now looking to do it myself. Am not going to worry about anything fancy just a simple keyless kit like the mongoose m20. Is it hard to install? And will I need to get anything else to fit it?

If you haven't got a lock button on the driver's door panel you will need an actuator for the driver's door, otherwise its pretty simple to wire up really...

I have the opposite problem, my 03 DX which I bought last week has central locking and immoboliser, with only one remote. If you lock it, then unlock it with the key, the immobiliser does it job, hence don't lose my current remote!!

Trying to figure out how the heck I can find out the brand of system and arrange a second controller!

I have the opposite problem, my 03 DX which I bought last week has central locking and immoboliser, with only one remote. If you lock it, then unlock it with the key, the immobiliser does it job, hence don't lose my current remote!!

Trying to figure out how the heck I can find out the brand of system and arrange a second controller!

Throw up a pic of the remote, someone here will know what brand it is and where to get a replacement one

Latest posts

Back