Tray build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Tray build (Finally ready for paint!)

Hey guys thought I would post this up here. Probably not the right spot but I thought some might want to offer comment and advise on tray build.

I have been dreaming of doing it for ages but finally got round to starting.

Anyway tray is 1800 long. Hope to put it on the ute for a trial fit to get the guards etc worked out.

I will probably be putting 4mm alloy floor tread plate on it but not completely decided yet. It is probably heaps easier to just use 3mm steel checker but I will make my mind up when it happens.

I am really happy with how the rear section has come up. It might not look like it but there was a heap of work to get right.

Anyway let me know what ya think.

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

• DSC04672.jpg
    DSC04672.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC04670.jpg
    DSC04670.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
couple more pics, water tank mounted etc

Attachments

• DSC04671.jpg
    DSC04671.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC04674.jpg
    DSC04674.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 157
Led tail lights and under tray of water tank

Attachments

• DSC04673.jpg
    DSC04673.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC04676.jpg
    DSC04676.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 116
I read the first post & was just about to suggest a water tank, then read the next couple.
Whats the tank made from? It looks good.

Noice welding too by the way.

Rich

looks like a good job so far.

how heavy do you think the end result will be.

i've only got an alloy tray on mine and she's a bit wild in this wet weather if ya not careful.

hows about a gravity fed diesel tank fitted behind the water tank??

well it has been a hell of a long time between work but I am finally ready for blast and paint tomorrow!.

There is so many things I would have liked to do but in the end I think the simpler the better and the less nooks and crannys for sand and shit to get into the better. I may look into some boxes for the back at some stage but a canopy is the main thing still to come.
There is a fair bit of bolt on stuff still to go on like 12v pump etc but otherwise it is finished.

I like the round gaurd look I think it worked out well.
Let me know what you think anyway.

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

• DSC00424.JPG
    DSC00424.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC04679.JPG
    DSC04679.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC04681.JPG
    DSC04681.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC04682.JPG
    DSC04682.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC04683.JPG
    DSC04683.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 97
one more from the side.

I am getting it painted to match the car with a high zinc primer etc used for industrial applications. Dear as hell but should last and look good. Under side of guards will be stone guarded.

Floor is 4mm marine grade checker plate.

I also have some checker plate that has been pressed up to go over the top of the sides and down the inside. The sides I got from duralloy that make truck trays etc. They are really impressive for an alloy side, a lot stronger than a lot I have seen.

I think the weight will be pretty comparable with the tub actually. (not including water in tank) remembering that I have also taken off the rear bumper.
I tell you what though it is tight under there. Took ages to work out the best set up for battery etc and water tank only just squeezed in. I may end up lifting it maybe 20mm yet to match up with the roof racks.

The lights work a treat too. Really bright. I will try and get some pics tonight.

I can't wait for the first trip now. I will be able to fit all the gear for the family and the beer fridge too!

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

• DSC04684.JPG
    DSC04684.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back