16x8 or 16x7...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
I've read through hundreds of threads only to come out confused and looking for answers. I apologize for this question but I am buying rims tomorrow and need answers. I just bought 265/75/16's I rang to purchase a set of 16 x8 but the guy said their not really needed 16x7 will do fine but I have noticed nearly everyone has 16x8. I also requested a offset of + 20 and he tried to tell me that the tires would not fit under the guards and they are going to rub. I have a d22 cab chasis with a 2" lift I know the tires are illegal with the massive increase in size as stock they are a 205 but they are necessary for off road adventures, I hope someone out there can give me some straight forward answers... I have more faith in the guys on this forum than the guys in the tyre shop!:suicide2:

Hey alphabet, jump in the sunraysia rim thread and the 265/75/16 thread, they're both recent and have a fair bit of info on rubbing and offsets.
Might be a starting point for you...

Cheers mate..found all the info I need in that thread.... Got lazy and only read the first 2 pages before!

as fare as i know width is not what they are worried about it is more over all rolling diamiter

People go 16x8's because they might want to go 33's later on, 265/75/16 are 32's and will fit on a 16x7 rim. The more positive the offset the less chance you have of tire rubbing

Latest posts

Back