Problem with central locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan96

Reaction score
Hi All

After some help with my central locking/immobiliser

When I press the remote the immobiliser arms/disarms and the indicators flash BUT the central locking does not open.

If I put the key in the driver door barrel and turn in the central locking works and all doors open.

I have changed the battery

Any ideas where along the line from remote to door I should be looking?

Cheers

Nathan

LOL come on Dave I'm better than that

1 button press has always done both central and immobiliser. Pressing twice would disarm then arm immobiliser.

No way to reprogram as far as I can see

I have 'reset' the system by turning the key from acc to ign 10 times quickly etc.

Any other ideas

Suppose I should take the door card off and see what's going on.

My alarm kit every 2 years needs the screw tightened up that activates the keyless entry.

Is it a Mongoose ?

Hey guys,

Pulled the card off - looks to be a stuffed actuator

grab screw was tight and properly adjusted. But didn't have enough oomph to open and close the lock

I pulled it off and moved it up and down a bit manually then tried using the button, it would move up and down with a button press for a while then stop.

Anyway, I'll grab one from jaycar and see how that goes.

its a VISION brand

Can't remember what the brand was I got from Jaycar but one thing I do remember is that it wasn't branded as a Jaycar actuator so as long as you can make it physically fit it will work. The only possible problem you might have in a two wire system is wiring it the wrong way around and you'll know this by the way the actuator moves when you press the button. Three wire systems (if that's what you're using) will do the same if the same two wires are crossed but crossing the third wire should result in movement only one way.

Cheers

Yeah 2 wire system (i.e. slave), which I thought was unusual.

Must have something do do with the car already having central locking from factory - just not remote.

See how we go - only $15 from jaycar

Hoorah! all fixed!

So happy to avoid exorbitant locksmith fees.

the jay car actuator was 100% exactly the same so no more holes to drill or nothing!

P.S. Can somebody tell me if they can lock there drivers door while its open, with the key or the button?

P.S.S. here is a list of the bolts you need to get at to take the door card off

2x plastic plug near hinge (one above the other)
1x screw in bottom of door ash tray/cup
1x screw at bottom of door near were the thick 'magazine' holder changes to the thin one (this one is sneaky)
1x screw underneath padded elbow rest (lift up to remove elbow rest and reveal screw)
Thats it! i found it easier to start from the bottom when popping out the plastic barbs

Latest posts

Back