Ling Long AT's??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horto

Reaction score
Hey guys,
just got a road worthy done on my nav and was told i need 2 new tyres. I have currently got toyo open country at's 265/75/16 which were on the car when i bought it. I havent got much money at the moment and a mate of mine who works at a tire place was talkin about these Ling Long at's, just wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they are ADR compliant?

My old boss stuck them on the steers of the old bread truck about 8 years ago because he was convinced the cheaper price and deeper tread made them a brilliant proposition. There is no doubt the tread was deeper and the price was cheaper but they were shit tyres, hard as a rock, terrible in the wet and I can't comment on how the tread wear was because they never made it that far without blow outs. I even managed to roll one of the rim one night turning back onto the South Gippy Highway at less than 30kph.

^ judging by that, you won't be driving long on ling long so don't ring rong number, call Bob Jane and get them to play price ping pong with Beaurepaires until they sing song you like.

Ask me to say that three times quickly and I'll politely refuse.

I thought the OP was using the words ling long to refer to cheap Chinese tires in general.

I cant believe that is an actual company name LOL

I have ling long AT's on.. $120-140 a tyre for 31's... Cant go wrong! lol

Been on for 20,000km's and have heaps of tread left... Even tread wear, No punctures.. DANGEROUS IN THE WET...
Cant touch the throttle around a corner in the wet or your gone... lol

Have had em in the bush mud and sand and havent really had a problem, havent been bogged, no punctures, holds good weight without bulging tyres, Tow big boat around... If your after cheap tyres i would go em... Def no comparison though to your big brands...

Can be scary in the wet... But i just take it easy and havent had an accident...

Haha I love optimism. "Can't go Wrong" "No Comparison" "But Dangerous in the wet" I wonder if that will be there next ad slogan.

Ling Long, love you long time!:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Yeah haha, that's exactly what comes to my mind when I hear Ling Long, they are sponsors of the Brisbane Roar so it was funny to first hear of that name while at Suncorp Stadium... who would call tyres Ling Longs he he

Haha I love optimism. "Can't go Wrong" "No Comparison" "But Dangerous in the wet" I wonder if that will be there next ad slogan.

Hmmm Taken out on context a bit...

Cant go wrong spending $120 on a tyre when you usually fork out more than double that for something decent...
Which means they are no comparison to a decent tyre...

Wouldnt let anyone drive my car on the wet roads as they arnt experienced with these tyres, and would likely put there foot down at the wrong time...
Not a problem for me though as i've driven on them for 20,000 + kms..

Sh*tty tyres, but for $120 bucks each i havent had a problem with them yet.. I expected them to rip, puncture or blowout by now but still going well...

Thanks for everyones insight, looks as though i might just try and hold off for a few more weeks and buy something better. I laughed pretty hard as well when i first heard the name as i thought they were joking too lol

^ judging by that, you won't be driving long on ling long so don't ring rong number, call Bob Jane and get them to play price ping pong with Beaurepaires until they sing song you like.

Ask me to say that three times quickly and I'll politely refuse.

Lol.

Id be going for a tyre that is well known and proven.

Yeah haha, that's exactly what comes to my mind when I hear Ling Long, they are sponsors of the Brisbane Roar so it was funny to first hear of that name while at Suncorp Stadium... who would call tyres Ling Longs he he

Looks like the Ling Longs got the Roar over the line (even in the wet).

Make sure you check the load rating on those cheap tyres, sometimes they are a bit short which makes then illegal, some tyre places will fit anything to make a sale.

Latest posts

Back