Rear Brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banga

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to adjust the rear brake proportiong valve for rear brake biast. I have a dual cab D40 with an alloy tray and lots of weight. I've been told the valve works as the rear sags but i've had the rear suspension done and there is no sagging so i'm assuming the prportioning valve thinks the tray has no load and therefore not doing its job. In the wet it just does not want to stop. Any feedback would be great. Cheers

Just inside the front passengers door is the setup (white sticker on the A pillar ) for the valve with distances etc.
In short from what I can work out the more the load the more the pressure supplied by the spring.
I believe its at no load 35psi and at full load its 50psi.
Now I have to admit I am not 100% sure on this as the instructions dont seem to make sense to me but am sure one of the others will have figured it out

Yeah i checked out the sticker, i'm a bit confused by it. Will have another look see if it will make sense, thanks.

Well the other way to do it is have a look at the actual truck and see what will happen when the truck is loaded.Basically as I see it the lower the rear with load the further away the 2 points are from each other so the more pressure the spring will have.
I have the exact other issue of I have raised the truck so have to adjust the valve to suit.

Just been out making the adjustment, hopefully its right, i'll wait for a rainy day to find if its correct or if it even makes a difference. Thanks for the tips

No Dramas
Just try it now and you will feel the difference if you have it backed off the wrong way. I adjusted mine the wrong way and had the lower pressure going to the brakes and yes you really can tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back