Calmini HD control arms - anyone interested in a bulk buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
I'm keen to install a set of these on my Nav to make the front end more solid and increase wheel travel. Snake Racing lists them for $750 for the pair and then the idler arm brace is $85. I emailed Cal offroad in the states and they have quoted the following:

- NP12637 D22 Frontier/Navara Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Set: $389.95

- NP12490RHD Nissan Idler Arm Brace: $47.95

- Shipping cost to your location via FedEx International Economy Service: $166.23

- TOTAL: $604.13 USD *

This price is likely to come down significantly if we order more sets as the freight won't go up a great deal with each additional set of gear.

As the US dollar is pretty much 1-1 with the Aus dollar at the moment, that's a saving of about $230.... Is anyone interested?

Cheers,

Matt

i'm about to buy a set so count me in. that frieght is a little cheaper then he quoted me. i can wait a month or 2 till everyone else is ready. I was after the idler brace also.

Il be in for that. I no the guy at cal offroad im america so if you want i can do the order and will get it a bit cheaper for you

Il be in for that. I no the guy at cal offroad im america so if you want i can do the order and will get it a bit cheaper for you

Sounds sweet as mate, lets see how many more get involved and we'll go from there!

Ok then. wel when you want to order them let me know and i can do it. i will just need all money upfront thats it. but what you will also have to remember is that there will be import duties on orders over 1k and the add 10% for gst when it comes through customs

.....but what you will also have to remember is that there will be import duties on orders over 1k and the add 10% for gst when it comes through customs

Hi Matt,

So any order for more than one set will incur import duties?

Might be worth finding out the additional costs to see if a bulk order is worth it.

If it is cheaper - you can count me in.

Cheers.

There goes that idea lol. everyone for em self I'd say...should of remembered that myself. Maybe if you just asked for a bulk buy with seperate shipping. Maybe they would still offer a little discount, any discount is a good discount.

Just spoke with customs, it's 5% import duty on orders over $1000, plus 10% GST, plus the FEDEX fee to clear it through customs. Sounds like it might be best to limit the ordering to 2 units of each item per shipment, that way it keeps the cost below $1000.......

I could ask my mate that if you would like. but would need to know how many we want so he can work out a price

I could ask my mate that if you would like. but would need to know how many we want so he can work out a price

Sweet as. I wonder if he could do 2 x sets of HD arms with 2 sets of idler braces and shipping for $999 Aus? If not, looks like each person is best off ordering on their own.

Either that or if he's prepared to de-value the items on the invoice so it looks that way.....

Well if you give me a base number of how many items we need i can email him and work it all out with the import duties and keeping it under 1k so we dont pay the import duties.

Just playing devils advocate.....................once they all arrive at Matt's house - who pays to get them delivered to each individual? The quote for delivery is to your door - I doubt we would get a discount if the delivery involves multiple delivery addresses.

Just playing devils advocate.....................once they all arrive at Matt's house - who pays to get them delivered to each individual? The quote for delivery is to your door - I doubt we would get a discount if the delivery involves multiple delivery addresses.

I was hoping that they may offer a drop in the list price if we place a bulk order and then they could ship to individual addresses..... Looking at the customs import duty and GST involved for orders over $1000 then people in each area should get theirs shipped in pairs and then sort it out from there. If we can get two sets of gear for just under $1000 AUD then we are saving about $335 per set on the snake racing price!

What about just approaching Snake Racing armed with the above facts that they are cheaper to go direct to the source...perhaps they will price match? or drop the price significantly in order to at least get some sort of cut........Cat + pigeons.
I'm interested in a set but if needed will just order direct from the states.

I called Snake Racing today to enquire about these, and got the hard sell from them. I was pretty much told that without installing HD control arms if you wind up your torsion bars at all then you are destroying the front end of the ute. They claim that once you do this it will be impossible to align the front wheels and you will simply scrub your tyres out. What are your views on this? Most people on here have wound up their torsions without drama. What do you feel are the major benefits of the HD control arms?

Stronger. increased wheel down travel and the ability to wind up higher if that's your wish. They are what creates the 3" lift kit. The longer arms do enable an easier alignment - or so I'm told -and that is one of the reasons I want them - plus the added strength and down travel.

Latest posts

Back