Upper control arm scuffs shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkarlos

Reaction score
Hey guys,
It's been a while but at my wits end about this one. I spent a long time looking around for answers but could find nothing.
I've had a snake racing kit with out issues for a few years. The kit with upper control arms, idler brace, torsion bars and so on. Just recently installed new dobinsons shockers. That went in no probs. Next was a set of new tyres, the same size as I already had on but the guys says the idler arm bushes are worn and need replacing. Thats okay. Will get it done soon. But when I get back home, just happened to look under the front and the left hand side upper control arm just scuffs the side of the shocker. Not serious, but enough to sound warning bells. Its only on the left side. Ive measured and compared the clearances on both sides and found that the tolerance on the left upper control arm has just slightly less clearance than the right. I cant for the life of me work this out, considering the upper control arm doesn't move front to rear and the shocker only goes in one way. It doesn't make sense. Anyone had this problem before? I'd appreciate any thoughts. Got me over the barrel this one.

I had a similar issue when I did my lift.
Standard UCA's but I installed big bore shocks (41mm).
I had to file about 3mm of the drivers side UCA and about 1mm of the passengers.

I am guessing the Dobinsons are big bore too.

You have differences between passenger and drivers side due to wheel alignment differences between wheels to allow for road camber. Snake UCAs should have the cutout to allow larger shocks, the old ones were the ones with big issues. Might just need to get the file out and file it back slightly then re paint the bare metal

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back