lost.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarryd

Reaction score
hey guys , ive been doing some reading and am kinda lost about lifting my car , ive been looking at 2inch lift kits as i think thats all i really need , does anyone have some pictures of their car with a kit on , does it sit higher etc ... or do i want like a body lift ?

sorry for the newbie questions...

also does anyone know of places in brisbane that they recommend to do the job ?

Thanks jarryd

2" suspension lift means the chassis is 2" higher off the ground.
2" Body lift just means the body is 2" higher but the chassis is at the same height.
In short Body lift is for looks and for clearancing the body off the wheels if you put on bigger tyres. Suspension lift is to give you better ground clearance .

Cheapest lift is basically blocks front and rear going all the way up to complete suspension overhaul and a fairly big dent in your wallet

As Aussie Frontier says, suspension lift increases ground clearance and body lift dosent. BUT adding bigger tyres adds lift too. 265/75R16s are the go with a 2 inch lift.

so a 2 inch lift will keep the car driveable, add 2 inch body lift and bigger tyres and you have some massive ground clearance. for most though a 2 inch suspension lift & 265s is more than enough. Thats what a lot of us on here have.

True bigger tyres give lift but going from the stock 255/75/R16 to a 265/75/R16 will only be in reality about 20mm increase in over all height.

tyresizes.jpg

Another thing to keep in mind is depending on which state your in will detirmine what lift and tyres you can use.
In the ACT the 265/75/R16 or 265/70/R17 is as big as is legal.However no lift is required to run these sizes.

Jarryd where you get a suspension lift depends on what you want or how much your prepeared to pay.
In Brisbane you got your TJMs and your ARBs who charge exorbitant amounts for products that are just resprayed and rebranded, or you can go to someone like Zordo and get a similar product for a reasonable price.
I got mine done at Driveline services in Brisbane and ended up with a good result and not a big dent in the wallet.
At the end of the day it comes down to what you expect and whose advertising blurb you believe.

If you trawl through this forum you will find members with lots of opinions, suspension combinations and ultimately places to do the lift.

Last edited:
hey guys thanks for the replies , ive been doing some research at the moment im running 265/70R16 tires , im not planning on doing crazy amounts of 4wding or hardcore stuff , so i was reading around and came across these

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_52_355&products_id=4331

would this be sufficent ? or should i go with a full suspension kit , also is there a legal requirement in qld of how you are ment to do this ...

i look at zordos stuff and it seems well priced , but in my research i see that if i was to get a 2inch body lift as well i will have dramas with my bullbar ...

basically i just want to level the car out and lift it abit

Thanks jarryd

By default the front is 30mm to 50mm lower in front depending on what you hang off the front end.Usually a 40mm front spacer will level the truck .
Lifted shackles will always raise debate. Some say they trash your springs and others say they are fine.
I dont get the choice as they arent legal down south so I went with lift blocks till I can afford new rear springs

if all you want to do cheaply is level the truck then spacers will do the trick.Just remember factory shocks and springs aint the flashest so more than likely you will be changing them out at some stage anyway

hahaha its the in thing to do :p , nah i think im going to just go with a full 2inch lift kit , pitty i have my bullbar or i would do a body lift as well ..... now im just worried that the back will be too high and look ugly as i dont really carry anything in it .... hmm

if you can drive a spanner you can do it yourself.
I hadnt ever worked on the Navara suspension before and I just read up on what to do both here and on other forums and figured out what to do.
Its not that hard to be honest its basic stuff its just daunting to start with.
There are how to write ups on forums on everything from installing the strut spacers to springs to shackles etc .
Body lifts have been covered many times so again the guys on here and other forums will gladly share the knowledge on what to do and what to look for.

Jarryd I think you'll find that those shackles and spacers are illegal on Qld roads. For a few hundred more you can get it lifted properly at Driveline services, pretty sure there is one on the Northside, check it out it may surprise you how cheap it can be done.
They use Lovell springs up front, Durashock shockies allround and reset the rear leaf springs. I had mine done about 5 months ago and am very pleased with the result.

thanks reddog ill have a look into it , yeah i figured as much they would be illegal just like everything else :/

just and update guys went and got a 2inch efs lift kit put on looks good , although i wish i had of got bigger tyres the other week lol :( ah well should do well for awhile , now i just gota get out and try it :)

jarrydandclaire037.jpg
[/IMG]

jarrydandclaire039.jpg

Looks good mate I hope you are happy. As I said if there is anything else I can help ya with just yell.

Oh and tell ya friends! lol

yeah mate i am , and once again thanks alot !

i think i might be comming to see you for that bash plate we were talking about :)

Latest posts

Back