Help needed with keyless entry actuater

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erks

Reaction score
Have just installed an aftermarket actuator on my 2011 d22 to drivers side door for keyless entry but the problem l have is that the actuater dosnt seem to have enougth balls to move the locking mechanism. Cant see why as its a brand new sysytem. Am l doing something wrong can anyone help would appreciate it.

Does it move either way?

Does it move without the rods or connectors in place (i.e. in your hand not mounted in the door)?

I have done the same things, but mine works 90% of the time. Due to where I was with limited tools at the time, I did the best job I could, how ever the actuator where I managed to get it to fit without many modifications and not getting in the way of the window still has a small amount of sideways force on it when actuating, which I believe is the problem mine is having.
Once I get back with my ute somewhere with more tools at my disposal I plan to change it around a little. Overall a bit of a pain in the arse. My actuator I bought was just one of the Jaycar $14 2 wire ones.... don't know if you have the same one? Do you have any photos of where you located the actuator?

thanks for the quick replies guys. Its a brand new car the mechanism is a little tight but still very free, the actuaters is a cheap 2 wire one but is reccomended to do the job. the problem is l cant position the actuater rod directly in line with the locking mechanism there has to be a bit of a bend l think that may be the problem but l`m not sure

Yeah.. thats the same problem I have I believe. I am yet to work out how and here to place it so it can have a straight push/pull. I reckon that would fix my problem.

hmmmmm, l thought maybe l needed a stronger actuater but maybe thats not the case. Was thinking of putting 2 actuaters on the one door to double up the power.

If it's a resistance problem because of the way the actuator has to operate you're not going to get much relief from more power and definitely not from adding another actuator especially not since you need to find a place to mount it.

I have no idea what the inside of a D22 door looks like but having done central locking on a number of cars now and looking through heaps of forums posts relating to different models I would suggest there is somewhere to mount an after market actuator that makes it work properly and it's just a matter of finding it.

Also if you haven't used the clamp that came with the kit which allows you to cut the rod (clamp with 2 holes and screws hold the rod) look into using it because it allows you to offset the mounting by up to 10 mm and can make the difference between a bent run and a straight run. The clamp also makes a difference to the way the entire actuator operates under some circumstances.

the problem is most likely to be your installations.
the actuator must run parallel to the lock rod. don't worry about which way the rods' bends go, just make sure the rods move in the same direction. if not Parallel, the actuators life WILL be dramatically reduced.

inside the doors of D22's it is a little tight, but rest assured, plenty of room to do this.
another hint is to use 2 locking blocks, as this will eliminate any slippage in the future.
good luck.
I'm more than happy to help you out, but you must be in Perth to come and see me.

just put it down to experience, I've been doing this job for years.

having done this professionally for a number of years I know what a pain some of these are to fit. there are a number of things you can try.

you can reverse the actuator, turn it 180 to where it is now, to get a better alignment and simply cross the wires over.

or try centering the actuator rod so it doesn't have to travel as far to move the locking mechanism.

90% of the time it's really just trial and error.

handy hint, wind a window down when playing incase the thing locks up on you!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back