rear tail wobble

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mav, welcome to the forum!

What do you mean by wobble? My '09 STX sits solidly on the road, but then I don't accelerate hard or brake hard. I tow a bit (well, that's an understatement of sorts) and the entire rig sits nice and tight.

Are you talking about a shaking or shuddering while cruising? Are you talking about a yawing motion while taking off in dirt with the wheels spinning, or do you mean when you straighten the car up after a turn, the car bounces shifting its weight from the left side to the right?

The rear springs of the D40s are a bit underrated, and the shocks aren't the greatest. If you mean the weight shifting left to right and back again, that'll be shocks.

Otherwise you could have a diff issue (some Thai trucks had the wrong oil put in their diff), or you could have some other issue with the drive train. Depends on precisely what's happening.

Hi Guys
I only got the stx last week, the rear doesnt feel 100% stable on the road it seems to move side to side a bit ive had a jeep before this car and that didnt feel like this. ive been told thats want the narvara is like and you need to change the suspension to change it im a little disappointed only done 300km havent been off road yet.

cheers

The leaf springs do take some getting used to. But saying that I have used my D40 on a racetrack and it fairly sticks to the blacktop and I have to admit the truck isnt designed for the stuff I attempt.The other thing you might not be used to is the length of the truck and that will at times cause some porposing and that will feel weird till you get used to it .
Basically you have to try not to compare the longer wheelbase you now have with the short wheelbase you used to drive.

can i change the shocks to improve the ride a bit to take that unstable feel out of the rear end to make the ride a bit firmer.
cheers

LOL Scott!

Mav, yes you can stiffen up the rear. I'm not sure you'd want stiffer springs in the rear unless you were putting a load in the tub, but if you want to put harder shocks in (higher damping rate) you could make it settle faster in the tail.

How to get rid of tail wobble 2010 stx will better shockers help this
cheers::rock:

i think i know the wobble you mean, its when your are mid corner and go over some small bumps or repaired pot holes and the ute gets unsettled and feels like you are about to have to re gather the thing, well thats what my 2010 st did from new. i have since had a 2inch lift done and that whole mid corner shake has gone. it use to do it no matter the speed. i am not really sure what exactly fixed it shocks springs or a better match up in the whole package because i obviously changed the whole lot at once.

I have noticed a lot of people are not happy with the suspension of the narvaras, my wife drives a pathfinder 2010 and that handles a heap better than my truck.I cant understand why nissan allow a vehicle to be produced to handle like a pogo stick

The difference between the 2 vehicles is the Pathfinder is a people carrier and the Navara is a Truck. The Pathfinder runs independant rear suspension with coil springs and the Navara runs leaf springs on a longer wheelbase. You will find that different shocks and springs will change that feel and also try running some weight in the back of the truck.
Basically yes its crap suspension but its a long wheelbase with no load on leaf springs. Basic suspension but its designed to carry load and handles better when loaded.

Latest posts

Back