wanting to run 35s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecdan

Reaction score
i am wanting some new tires and thinking 35s. i dont care about it being illegal i just want it to look good and go good on the beach. i already have a 3in lift and to run 35s i need a 2in body lift which is nothing big but would i have to change the diff rations to run 35s. any help to anyone who has done this would be much appreciated.

also depends if your in a D22 or D40 ... with my experience with the D40 front diff, dont go bigger than 32" tyres, or your likely to put too much strain on the front diff.

Is yours petrol or deisel mate.The v6 has the stronger diff in the front.
You are likely to blow the R180 diff in the front.If you can get a R200a for the front you wont have a problam and with the R200A you can put a front locka in

2003 model will be ZD30 or VG33E.

Swap in some VG33E Navara diffs and it will handle the tyres easy.

The ratio's should be good to if you have the ZD30 model.

Would look tuff as but be slow as all hell and I recon it would have a habit of running away from you on steep descents as well. I would probably look at upgrading your brakes too, at least slotted rotors and extended braided lines to help keep it under control.

so i have picked up some 35s cheap.... $ 500 for 5 tires on 15x10 rims in average conditon pretty good bargin.
put the tires on and the car is high. when for a drive and found out that i cant even turn. i have a 3 inch lift and have just ordered of ebay a 2in body lift kit and hopefully it turns up this weekend and i can put it in. The car drives fine on the road but im scared that when i go to really put my foot down offroad that the diffs or cv will snap. Has anyone ever changed the ratios in the diffs because i think that will be a solution to solve my problem

Last edited:
35s on the beach? good luck taking off. you will need reduction gears for sure

mate even 33s on the beach isnt ideal. ive got 33s and on the beach somtimes a bit hard taking off.

Get a set of all terain 31s

Without chnging diff ratios I would think 32's would be the biggest to run and still drive good.

The Di motors drive good but the lower compression ratio lets them down on take off.

Where as a indirect injected diesels run high compression ratios, they run out of steam about 3000rpm in NA form.

Without chnging diff ratios I would think 32's would be the biggest to run and still drive good.

The Di motors drive good but the lower compression ratio lets them down on take off.

Where as a indirect injected diesels run high compression ratios, they run out of steam about 3000rpm in NA form.

not sure what motors your taking about but my nav on 33s, (3inch exhuast no mufflers, big ass intercooler) strugles down low offroad, have to ride the shit out of the clutch.

i put the 2 in body lift in the car on the weekend and now have a 5in lift in total and cut a bit of metal out of the front guards and find the car goes fine offroad and doesnt scrape at all. tires make a massive difference and i can go pretty much everywhere. it is a little hard to start off but once its going it is fine. next step is lokka

Without changing diff ratios I would think 32's would be the biggest to run and still drive good.

The Di motors drive good but the lower compression ratio lets them down on take off. ZD30, YD25

Where as a indirect injected diesels run high compression ratios, they run out of steam about 3000rpm in NA form. TD27, QD32

not sure what motors your taking about but my nav on 33s, (3inch exhuast no mufflers, big ass intercooler) strugles down low offroad, have to ride the shit out of the clutch.

Added more detail to make my point clear.

my throughts

ya i run 35 in the bush and for about three years been thinking of what to do with the gears i started with tranfer gears ,but now im working out and saving for a diff gear change .my idea behind this is in the bush you dont need 4 wd low all the time (max speed 40 kmh i think)but 4 high is too high to move arond in the bush.what im trying to say is i think that you will get a better balance with the right diff gears

Latest posts

Back