Found - Decent suspension place in Perth!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugammadex

Reaction score
Just been through the whole suspension process with my d22 2003, I ordered and then cancelled an OME lift after hearing nightmare stories about weak 400kg Dakar rear leaves and stories about really poor warranty from guys on this site. (oh and a two month wait list!,)

To cut a long story short Zordo is a star and will give you very good free advice over phone, He will arrange 2" blue max kit (everything except torsion bars which you only need if you have steel bars, winch etc) for you to pick up from warehouse in Perth for around 1050 ish. You fit. I was going to go this way but had concerns about claiming warranty after fitting myself and subsequently asked a number of local mechanics (fremantle and myaree) who quoted 4-700 for fitting!!!!!

In fact went with APE suspension in Landsdale, full EFS elite 2" kit fitted for around 1400 next day with TBs wound up (the new EFS rear elite shocks do fit on the back because they now have a rubber boot.) Can also do alignment, rancho, lovells, king, west coast suspension, raw, anything really, good clean workshop.

Phil is the boss, family business and they only do suspension, he even admits to dreaming about it!! and has 15+ years experience. Also very willing to give his advice for free over phone.

If you are unsure, have a word with him about what you would like to do I have no financial interest but do thoroughly recommend him if you are not keen to fit yourself. Was so impressed with him I simply said I would recommend him,

The Nav now has no roll at all and doesn't wallow at all, the old shocks were completely empty.... It had dropped 20mm from stock and now is 40mm above, looks great ! :)

Will

Pm me if any questions

Attachments

• image-2146835601.jpg
    image-2146835601.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 323
  • image-3910978693.jpg
    image-3910978693.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 334
Good to see ur happy with ur kit. I have the same efs kit but with enforcer shocks in rear. The elite shocks would be upside down Yeh? So the rubber boot is facing the ground? That's the only way I see them fitting. I'm super happy with my kit and mite even look at changing the rear shocks before I do my cape trip. Well I'm gonna have to change the springs to heavy duty before I go.

Infact they are the correct way up, rubber boot at the top, not tested them yet but looks like good clearance, will get some pictures up soon

I'm sorry !!! I assumed you would use google and go to their website!!! But instead I will type it all out for you :))

APE Springs and suspensions
Unit 2/288 Gnangara Road
Landsdale
WA 6065

PO Box 1462 Wangara 6947

Tel: 08 9302 6648
Fax: 08 9302 6679

http://www.apesprings.com.au

Speak to Phil the boss and say Will recommended you..

EFS Elite rear shocks

EFS Elite rear pics

As promised! The new rubber boot allows fitting the correct way up

sugammadex-albums-efs-elite-2-lift-picture1045-dscf3429.jpg

sugammadex-albums-efs-elite-2-lift-picture1044-dscf3428.jpg

Just for a laugh here are the old shocks 160K on stock Nissan shocks, absolutley no gas left in them at all!! i can push and pull them open really easily :)

sugammadex-albums-efs-elite-2-lift-picture1046-dscf3430.jpg

I also used APE Suspension and couldn't be happier. These guys know their stuff and are generous with their knowledge.

Went with EFS Elite in front and rear with the comfort springs - kept the original t-bars.

Anyone in the Perth area thinking of upgrading their suspension should give these guys a call.

Latest posts

Back