A BIG thankyou to John at Zordo's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vornar

Reaction score
Just wanted to do a quick thank-you to John for all his advice and a great price on a HD suspension setup for by 2012 D40 ST.

I have a steel bar with lights and a canopy and the stock suspension was SHITE, it had dropped about 40mm to 50mm all round.

I ended up importing Bilstein 5100 struts/shocks all round. John recommended HD springs to match. Went with Dobinsons up front, and Bluemax at the rear.

All delivered to me within a couple of days.

I should also thank Rob at Tyrepower in Hastings for assembling the struts for me.

Couldn't be happier, looks like a 4WD again... Ended up with 70mm lift at the front and 105mm at the rear, although i know this will settle a little.

Now hopefully the alignment in the morning gets the wheels pointing in the right direction.

Thanks again John, I would recommend your services to anyone.

Thanks for this info. Just wondering what it cost to get installed locally? And I'm gathering the 70mm was from after the bar lowered it, in others a good inch or so rise from standard? If so, I'm gathering you don't need the additional kit to fix camber etc??

Has anyone got the lovells shocks bluemax HD spring & leaves combo?
He's also offered to assemble the struts with new coil hats for $120 to make DIY install easier

Oh & how did you go with camber adjustment?

Last edited:
I removed the struts myself, it is really easy and took only 1/2 hr. Then i took the lot to my local tyrepower who charged me $44 to disassemble the old ones and build the new ones for me.
Silvernavman that was the height gain from my saggy 1 year old springs.

I will find out about the camber tomorrow when i get the alignment done.

Last edited:
5 months on i am still very happy with the package that John put in for me. great guy and he knows his stuff.

and mine did not need the extra bits for the camber adjustment, just the wheel alignment.

Last edited:
I have the lovells and blue max its a good combo and holding up better than my tough dog kit did. Would recommend John he has the experience...

awesome news, good to hear your happy 4 naving...i was quoted $2400 here by opposite lock for a tough dog setup!
Hopefully my 2012 ST will be similar vornar

Has anyone got the lovells shocks bluemax HD spring & leaves combo?
He's also offered to assemble the struts with new coil hats for $120 to make DIY install easier

Oh & how did you go with camber adjustment?

I John installed these items in my Beach Babe in April, very happy with the results. :rock:
Full info is on this thread
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=27692

I removed the struts myself, it is really easy and took only 1/2 hr. Then i took the lot to my local tyrepower who charged me $44 to disassemble the old ones and build the new ones for me.
Silvernavman that was the height gain from my saggy 1 year old springs.

I will find out about the camber tomorrow when i get the alignment done.

Hey mate, I have just bought similar kit from John and looking at starting on the rear tonight. How long did it take you to do both rear leaves and shocks?
Cheers

I started the job about 8am and was finished by 4pm. That was for front and rear. I had a 2.5 hour delay in the morning for the struts to get built. I think I jacked the rear up just after 12.

I had the alignment done the next morning.

The price all up was around $1600.00 inc alignment.

Hey Nathan. Do Seldomseen do engineer certification on mods or only their own work. Would like someone close to engineer my body lift, UCA's etc.

Hey Nathan. Do Seldomseen do engineer certification on mods or only their own work. Would like someone close to engineer my body lift, UCA's etc.

Really couldnt say, best to give Kari a call and check with him mate.

Latest posts

Back