keyless entry wont work in d40.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bncfxstc

Reaction score
today i installed a new head unit in my d40 and now the keyless entry wont work.. i shut the doors and tried to lock it and nothing so i opened the drivers door and flicked the locking switch on the dash a couple of times to see if the locks were working which they did but must have left it in the locked position then shut the door and tried the remote again and nothing. then i tried to open the door and its locked!.. and there aint no keyhole so now im fu#@*ed!! is there a fuse for the keyless side of things and how do i get into it now short of breaking the window? cheers......

The STX (can't remember if the cheaper models have central locking or not) has a keyhole on the passenger side under neath the black plastic cap at the end of the door handle.

cheers for that i just unlocked it...i was near goin to break the rear quarter window too..bless the forums!!!and thanks heaps krafty...do you know if there maybe a fuse or will i have to reprogram it??

Have you by any chance taken power from the auxilary power outlets?
I had the same issue when I connected some relays to the power outlet in the back of the center console. Even though the relays werent energised it did something with the earthing and I had no central locking.
Took the relays out and all good again.
All I can suggest is undo all the work you did today with the head unit and see if the problem is still there.

All I can suggest is to download the manual and see if you can't trace something in the schematics. The problem I see with allowing an accessible fuse that disables central locking somewhere on the outside of the car is that thieves would also know about it.

Aussie suggestion of redoing all your work would probably be the best answer to your problem though.

I found out the hard way you have to be very careful when it comes to your earth.Some items have chassis earth and some have the "logical" earth and if you mix the 2 things go weird.
Case in point.
The Hazrad light switch is a logical earth but it will read as zero resisiatnce to earth. if you use that earth to try to drive a relay then the system goes nuts.
The D40 has a mixture of the old style pos and neg switching and a fair dose of bus logic switching. Cross the 2 up and all hell breaks loose

just thinking.... i put a reverse camera in and i used the power source from the left tail light. i used the earth there as well. do ya think that would do it even though it aint powered up when i am locking the car?

I doubt it, the left tail light (reverse light) is a common feed for the reversing camera power.

I'm going to go with an earthing issue too. Perhaps you could try just trying a wire direct from the radio chassis to the vehicle chassis and see if that resolves the problem.

yeah i tried the earth from the head unit to the chassis and that didnt work so ill try the earth on the tailight now..ill cut that wire and see if that works.

FOUND IT!! It is one of those ebay multimedia units and it seems some of the wires were marked wrong.. to start with i couldnt get the dimming to work with the head lights cause they had the dimming wire marked as a steering wheel control but worked that out.. and the wires im sure are the steering wheel controls are 3 of them 1 black marked earth 1 red marked 12v key and one brown which wasnt marked but would turn the volume down when i earthed it..so i earthed the black and 12v key the red and did nothing with the brown..well it was the 12v key wire that was the problem..as soon as i cut that one every thing worked again.. not after i cut nearly everything else though..so out with the soldering iron for another hour or so...always the last place you check isnt it..murphys law..hmmmm...thanks for the help guys and i hope this may help someone in future...

I found out the hard way you have to be very careful when it comes to your earth.Some items have chassis earth and some have the "logical" earth and if you mix the 2 things go weird.
Case in point.
The Hazrad light switch is a logical earth but it will read as zero resisiatnce to earth. if you use that earth to try to drive a relay then the system goes nuts.
The D40 has a mixture of the old style pos and neg switching and a fair dose of bus logic switching. Cross the 2 up and all hell breaks loose

This damn near annoyed the hell out of me weekend just past. Went up for a trip and brought our 12v rechargeable spotlight with me. Plugged it into the rear aux power in the center console so it only charges whilst the engine was running. Thought it was a dead battery in the key but it would work only when the spotlight wasn't plugged in. Took me a long time to figure it out!!

Are there any ideas on how we can fix this 'logical' and 'chassis' earth?

Cheers
Eug

This damn near annoyed the hell out of me weekend just past. Went up for a trip and brought our 12v rechargeable spotlight with me. Plugged it into the rear aux power in the center console so it only charges whilst the engine was running. Thought it was a dead battery in the key but it would work only when the spotlight wasn't plugged in. Took me a long time to figure it out!!

Are there any ideas on how we can fix this 'logical' and 'chassis' earth?

Cheers
Eug

Interesting! I had a similar issue with using a rechargable LED light. Turns out my light actually has a dud battery so I am getting a new one, but when I get it back I might plug it in again and see if the keyless entry stops working. FWIW I had it plugged into the cigarette lighter under the radio.

Latest posts

Back