Rear step towbar / tyre carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkdvs22

Reaction score
Does any know if there is a rear step tow bar with a swinging tyre carrier and jerry can holder for a 2010 d22? I know kaymar do one for the d40, but i cant seem to find one for my d22.

Mate I am designing and manufacturing tube style rear bars with whel and jerry can holder soon.I will also be selling the one I have on my Nav.Scott 0408145840

G'day. I was just wondering if you have got pics of a full rear bar with tow hitch reciever and tyre and fuel carrier?

Pretty keen to get hold of this kit.

The only option is to make one yourself or import one from the US.

I'm making one this week, so stay tuned...

Here's my rough design

design3.jpg

Here's my rear wheel carrier, I can fit a jerrycan on eithor side of the wheel. It can mount so the wheel is inside the tub or outside. A second wheel can be mounted underneath if the wheel is facing out (so we can carry 3 spares)
navaraWheel.jpg

d22_0002_ute2.jpg

d22_0003_ute4.jpg

Dirtjockey, that's a pretty wicked setup you have there. Do you have any dramas with how far the spare hangs out the back?

Do you have any dramas with how far the spare hangs out the back?

No - no problems, generally I have the wheel turned around and inside the tub, if I need to carry something or we are doing a trip then I turn the wheel out.

Thats great, so is your tailgate permanently removed or can you get it back on?

This mounts onto the original tailgate mounts (plus I've added some extra holes and made a solid support plate that sits in where the taillights sit into the tub) - so it's bolt on, bolt off but if this is on then I don't have a tailgate.

Didn't make much real progress today. Cut the angle and started bending the chassis brackets.

Although did finish my sliders...

Cleaned up the welds with a flap disc and a hand file.

Sprayed with etch prime (some gal) and flat black final coat.

Made the outside rail different to anything i've seen. Put a slight kink at the start of the rear door (dual cab) Hopefully should protect the flairs a bit as well.

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

Last edited:
IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Just clean up the Rear Bar with the flap disc, paint and connect a few wires and she's done.

Big thanks to Duncan and James at DSM Fabrications doing most of the welding and letting me use there workshop, machines and tools.

Just need to mount the draws and it's time for their 1st test, The Cape (straight in the deep end)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back