Rear step towbar / tyre carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Tommy !!! They all look awsome !

Cheers Gonzo

How much to make me some ? Pal :)!

Sorry bud no time. Going to the Cape once i've wrapped up the mods on the ute. Try some local fab places. I was lucky one of my old mates (known him for 21 years and i'm only 26) is a boilermaker by trade and has just started his own business.

They did take about twice to triple the time I estimated to do 'em. Especially the sliders, using tube and varying angles (20 deg here, 30 there 105 here etc) really eats into the time. Making the rear bar was much easier. Pretty much all square except the 50mm raise on the chassis-to-bar angle (lifts the main bar up). I tacked all the components together (stick welder) and my mate fully welded 'em nice and strong with a mig.

Hey do you have a tow bar ?

Na, no towbar at the moment, hinders the departure angle heaps. Although I have made it so the std towbar can be attached as per normal when needed (ie using the boat to chase flathead in summer ;))

I can post up a materials and cut list is anyone wants to do something similar.

Last edited:
Cheers Gonzo

Sorry bud no time. Going to the Cape once i've wrapped up the mods on the ute. Try some local fab places. I was lucky one of my old mates (known him for 21 years and i'm only 26) is a boilermaker by trade and has just started his own business.

They did take about twice to triple the time I estimated to do 'em. Especially the sliders, using tube and varying angles (20 deg here, 30 there 105 here etc) really eats into the time. Making the rear bar was much easier. Pretty much all square except the 50mm raise on the chassis-to-bar angle (lifts the main bar up). I tacked all the components together (stick welder) and my mate fully welded 'em nice and strong with a mig.

Na, no towbar at the moment, hinders the departure angle heaps. Although I have made it so the std towbar can be attached as per normal when needed (ie using the boat to chase flathead in summer ;))

I can post up a materials and cut list is anyone wants to do something similar.
I for one would really appreciate it if you could...
Bill

Got all the peices in paint

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

I for one would really appreciate it if you could...
Bill

PM sent.

As business rely on customers purchasing their items I feel it's unfair to just give all my hard work away.
(my mate who helped me, relies on this kind of work for his livelihood)
So to stop anyone taking advantage, I'll help long term members out, if you have more than 200 posts I can PM you the info.

Last edited:
Guess I'd better start throwing up random comments to get 200 posts. haha. Looks good, I'm giving a rear bar a whirl on my own, I've just got a mammoth of a tool box to finish painting and mount in tub first.

I'm giving a rear bar a whirl on my own

mate seriously have a go at doing it yourself - lots of people like to make things out to be a whole lot more difficult than they really are - take your time and you would be surprised how easy it really is - as tommy222220_0 did if you can't weld yourself just stitch it together and take it to someone and get them to finish it for you.

I'm probably a bit far away from you (brissy) but I've got a tig or mig welder, bender etc that you could use.

mate seriously have a go at doing it yourself - lots of people like to make things out to be a whole lot more difficult than they really are - take your time and you would be surprised how easy it really is - as tommy222220_0 did if you can't weld yourself just stitch it together and take it to someone and get them to finish it for you.

I'm probably a bit far away from you (brissy) but I've got a tig or mig welder, bender etc that you could use.

Cheers heaps, I've started getting into metal fab, and my brother supplies me with all the metal I can use from his work. I've got a newly purchased mig and hydraulic bender, so hopefully my idea isn't too complex.

Cheers heaps, I've started getting into metal fab, and my brother supplies me with all the metal I can use from his work. I've got a newly purchased mig and hydraulic bender, so hopefully my idea isn't too complex.

Just take your time, it isn't really that hard once you've got an idea in your head. Here's one all finished just for inspiration.

IMAG0078.jpg

how much does the rear wheel impede your view? and was there a reason why the centre of the wheel could not have been made a lot lower i.e. 50cm or something

how much does the rear wheel impede your view? and was there a reason why the centre of the wheel could not have been made a lot lower i.e. 50cm or something

I have 3 windows to look through (canopy fr + rear and back cab window)all with tinting and usually covered in dust. Also usually have a 60l fridge and swag stitting ontop the draws (30cm above tub floor) and with about 5" of lift, I can't see out the back anyways.:sad:

Wheel could be made much lower although it will affect your departure angle and you would have to move the number plate. Bottom sits about 10mm above main bar, keeps it out of harms way.

Latest posts

Back