Body Lift once and for all?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beno82

Reaction score
Hey guys I new to this forum. I have a question. Are body lifts legal? I have read allot of conflicting information about this.

I have: Nissan Navara 2005 dual cab, with driver side airbag and I live in QLD.

I have heard 2 inch is ok in QLD if you get it engineered, but also have heard body lifts are a no go with airbags.

Help?

ring your local transport office. It is the only way to get it straight from the horses mouth so the speak. Also get them to email you or tell you where it is in writing just to make sure they are right.

thanx for the info guys, seems like allot of effort, will probably just stick to the two inch suspension lift.

I heard the other day that you can do the bodylift with an engineers certificate but if you want to do it , do it soon as the law is going to chance soon and it will become illegal to do the bodylift in Queensland. Not sure about that myself but a young bloke at work says thats going to happen.

I don't think you need an engineers certificate in Queensland, I think it needs the form filled out prior to fitting then they send you the approval to do it. After it's done they need to inspect it.

Zordo knows the answer, maybe PM him.

like all regulations they can change them with a stroke of a pen. (just ask the poor north Australian cattle farmers, can send to Indonesia one day can't the next)

iN QLD you can do a 2" suspension & 2" bodylift.
you have to get permission to do the bodylift & then QLD transport will inspect the job before they give approval
Cheers

Last edited:
hey fellas. im not sure whether i wanna do a bodylift or not. its on my cards as to whther i wanna do it or not to do it(do i really need it?). i am wanting rocksliders from scotty so im hanging out on them till a sort out whether i want the lift or not. i have a 2"efs kit and im changing the front upper arms for more down travel. my main worry is having the engine sitting lower in the body and the top mount cooler not recieving the forced air in the scoop like its recieving atm. does the engine lift with the body or is it bolted to the chassis?

i would be installing it myself if i did it(with the help from my bro) and also a lil confused on how the bar needs to be lifted to suit the rest of the body? Plus the airbag sensor what happens with it?

Cheers
Rusty

engine doesn't lift with the body so yes you'd have a lower mount and intake to your intercooler.

There's a few posts about bullbars etc already:
http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifica...ifting-alloy-bullbar-match-50mm-bodylift.html
http://www.navara.asia/d22-accessories/5689-fitting-bullbar-d22.html

Air bag sensor doesn't move I beleive

I'm in Qld and just got Transport sign off today on my 2" body lift kit. Will do a new thread on how to do it soon and some pics:
http://www.navara.asia/d22-body-chassis/9346-body-lift-queensland.html#post107878

cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back