just a heater/aircon question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
hi all
i was just wondering if there is any filters for the aircon/heater system in the 03 nav d22 dose anyone now that can help me

cheers steve

hey mate i dont think there is filters in car air con, just the gap in the fins on the coil is a lot larger than you would see on residential air con so it takes a lot more dust and what have you to clog it up.

Matty

My other car has a pollen filter that I never change, stops all the dust. But that's not a Nissan. My Nissan just throws sticks and stones at me from the air vents.

Mine does it because it hasn't got air conditioning yet, just a blower. If yours has air con it should be catching the larger stuff in the condensor like matty says, if not then just get some fly screen mesh and jam it in a joint before the blower. Dust is harder, maybe find a filter for something else cheap like a Commodore and jam that in instead downstream of the blower before the condensor, it'll give you piss-poor air flow though.

wes i personally wouldnt worry about it, they are designed to take a bit of dust and what ever else the average car gets into theirs. if you are that worried about it i would do what pro nav says and get some mesh and put it over the air intake. but like pro nav says also the air flow will be greatly deduced especially at low speeds.

Matty

thans for ur help matty and pro nav
ill have to put up with it. as you can see i am just new to the four wheel driving seen. i was in the fast lane befor hand so its a big change
thans again guys

Latest posts

Back