Air in Coolant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewood11

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
So I drained out all my old coolant on my 2009 Navara. Flushed out the system and filled up with coolant.
I was bleeding it for about half an hour and still I had bubbles coming out of the system.
I followed the instructions in the manual.
Turned the heater on full.
Started the engine.
Allowed to get up to temp
Took the revs up to 2500 for about 10 seconds did this for about half an hour and still had air bubbling out and no heat in the heaters.
Should I just carry on?
And one more thing, all the you tube videos tell you to unscrew the bleed nipple. My navara doesn’t have one.
Any ideas?

Did you follow the instructions in the workshop manual that you should refill the system at no more than 1.5 litres per minute?
If you put the coolant in more quickly, it will bleed out eventually.

Did you follow the instructions in the workshop manual that you should refill the system at no more than 1.5 litres per minute?
If you put the coolant in more quickly, it will bleed out eventually.

Hi there landmannnn.
The Haynes manual didn’t say to put the coolant in at 1.5 litres per minute. For Christ sake if I’d have known that I would have followed the instructions. Bloody hell it’s kind of obvious when you think about it. I just dumped it all in. Rookie mistake.
So do you reckon it’ll work its way out eventually? Just keep on checking it? It says in the manual it takes 10.5 litres and I’m pretty much there so there can’t be that much more air in there.

The thermostat opens? The heating heats?
If the thermostat opening and the heating working, the air will leave alone.
This what i did last week

Latest posts

Back