2009 STR has Longer tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Tried to get a canopy installed this morning, I got a call from ARB one hour after i dropped it off, the new str's are 100 cm longer tray. No canopies available for these yet. No wonder dealer told me to come back at a later date, when I asked for a tub liner, there are no tub liners available yet for it. It would have been nice to be told that by the dealer, not by a ARB. Anyway, on the bright side, I get to have a ute for a while, I like the bar on the back.
The best way to tell if you have the longer tray is to check if you have dual batteries.

Sure does, just found out this morning. Guy trying to install canopy popped bonnet and showed me. Does not say much about me, I went and brought a new car and had no idea what was under the bonnet.
Not complaining, not that I will ever need two batteries :)

Tub Liner & Tow bar as well

Hey all, I have the '09 model as well. Got a tow bar fitted today and the same problem almost. When the frame is fitted the ball ends up underneath the back step. The guy who fitted it rang Nissan and got the OK to put in an extended tongue piece. When I picked up the ute last Thursday, was supposed to get a tube liner but got told none available until August. Something to be aware of if you are contemplating buying one and getting some gear fitted to the back.

so that seems to suggest the chassis is the same length as the 08 model (jap), only the tub itself is extended?

so that seems to suggest the chassis is the same length as the 08 model (jap), only the tub itself is extended?

Sounds like it Woznme. The installer said everything bolted on where it was supposed to but ended up 100mm short at the important end. He had no idea that they were longer. Bit of poor communications from Nissan.

I got a call from a girl from the nissan dealer, asking how my car was going. Tried explaining to her that there is no after market products for new longer d22. She did not seem to care much. I also asked her how they plan to honor their agreement to install towbar and tub liner during first service etc Again, did not seem too concerned. I did say to her that it would have been nice to have been told by the dealer, the so called expert on the car about this "slight complication" instead of a third party like ARB. Again, she did not understand what all the fuss is about.
Anyway, ruined my holiday I had planned, fat chance I got going anywhere with a bunch of bags in back :-(
Anyway, I sound like a broken record, hehehehehe On the flip side the car is sweet to drive, my mates are all silently impressed with the "beast" :)

kinda sux mate but look at the bright side... you have a bigger one then all us :D not that length matters

Wow i wish i knew this when i made my trailer out of 2 tubs, 100mm longer in the ass end would have meant i would not have had to fill in the wheel arch joints when i welded the rear of the tub on the front of the 2nd tub.. could have saved heaps of work..

cheers mark.

The differences between the 08 and 09 models I believe are ( I could be wrong) 1/ the 09 has a 75mm longer tray. 2/ the 09's tailgate is flat/smooth with none of the earlier models grooving. 3/ the 09 has a dual battery set up.

The Tailgate and tray
367692789.jpg

I got a call from a girl from the nissan dealer, asking how my car was going. Tried explaining to her that there is no after market products for new longer d22. She did not seem to care much. I also asked her how they plan to honor their agreement to install towbar and tub liner during first service etc Again, did not seem too concerned. I did say to her that it would have been nice to have been told by the dealer, the so called expert on the car about this "slight complication" instead of a third party like ARB. Again, she did not understand what all the fuss is about.
Anyway, ruined my holiday I had planned, fat chance I got going anywhere with a bunch of bags in back :-(
Anyway, I sound like a broken record, hehehehehe On the flip side the car is sweet to drive, my mates are all silently impressed with the "beast" :)

I had a Nissan tub liner and tow bar fitted to my 09 longer tray model.
They are available and listed in the April 09 Nissan accessories booklet. The booklet wasnt offered and the salesman didnt think he had a spare but I just told him I'll have that thanks.:smile:

As far as a canopy goes, I asked an ARB dude a month ago about a canopy to fit and he surprised me that he knew the 09's tray was longer and he had been informed 4 to 6 weeks and they would be available.
About now I reckon.

I have just ordered a canopy from Flexiglass: Fibreglass Canopies Australia, Ute Lids Australia, Ute Liners, Hard Lids, Utility Canopies, Sports Bars, Side Steps, Canopy Racks. ARB have said "soon" anyway, I got the premium canopy that is colour coded for my car, for $2580 installed. I have the 8th July booked for installation.

As far as a canopy goes, I asked an ARB dude a month ago about a canopy to fit and he surprised me that he knew the 09's tray was longer and he had been informed 4 to 6 weeks and they would be available.
About now I reckon.

got my 09 str about 6 weeks ago and was told when i walked in that they were longer and came with duel bat set up. that was what made me get the series 4 over the series 3.
i got tub liner fitter on pick up an tow car

Latest posts

Back