2009 STR has Longer tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get a tonneau fitted it should be snugger around the tailgate. Mine is let down by the large plastic handle/surround, doesn't let water in but could be tighter.

Does anyone know if the secondary battery supplied is deep cycle or the cranking variety?

Hi Jason, They both look the same so I'm pretty sure that it is a cranking battery. I'm trying to find out some info about it so I can start adding stuff:unsure:

Hmmm..... thanks envee, sounds like it may be more for loading up the trucks accessories than running a fridge.

Hi Jason, They both look the same so I'm pretty sure that it is a cranking battery. I'm trying to find out some info about it so I can start adding stuff:unsure:

Yep, they do look the same.

369025743.jpg

Save me making a new thread and this one seems to fit the bill,

Does anyone have the measurement specifications for the D22 dual cab/single cab? Particularly tray length? I've spent hours searching for them from 02' to 06' models and I can't find anything. Still weighing the options for a full tray/dual cab...

There different. The terminals are reversed.

ZD30 powered GU's run the same battery as the ZD30 powered D22, the terminals are on the opposite side of the battery though.

Dave.

Arb now have canopies for the longer tubbed d22's, Getting mine installed next week.

Hi Guys,

I ordered my 09 D22 ST-R last Saturday and heard rumour of the second battery. A little digging found the tub is definately longer as is the overall length of the vehicle. vvvvvv see below vvvvvv

I went into Flexiglass and they have canopies for the new series 4 in both high profile and standard roof. ARB have a standard height available in both smooth and textured but are unavailable in the high profile roof in either finish.

Word is that they may not have the high roof version for another 6 months, if at all. Bummer as I was quoted an ARB but have settled for the Flexiglass High Profile which looks nice anyways, just a bit cheap in the latches department on the inside, other than that, I prefer the shape, design and integrated dust deflector etc. Simple job to beef up the latches ;-)

Didn't know that the rear gate was smooth. Sweet! I like the D40 tailgates better than the D22 so now I is happy!

@socks,

I have the original brochure for my 04 D22 and the new brochure for the '09

All it gives is measures for ute tub, no specs for tray on either brochure:
Load space length 1485mm '09
Load space length 1395mm '02-'06

Overall Dimensions
Length ST-R Ute 5180mm '09
Length ST-R Ute 5080mm '02-'06
Length DX DC Ute 4945mm '02-'06

Other Differences are: '09 comes with ABS, Dual front airbags, Dual batteries and engines 2.5CRD is 98kw @ 3600rpm and 304Nm @ 2000rpm against 3.0TD 110kw @3400rpm and 314Nm @2000rpm.

DP Chip is looking good!

Weights
Tare Mass '09 ST-R 1822kg
Tare Mass '02-'06 ST-R 1895kg
GVM '09 ST-R 2860kg
GVM '02-'06 ST-R 2920kg
Carrying Capacity '09 1038kg
Carrying Cap. '02-'06 1025kg

Turn Radius is also different, was 12.0m in older model, newer model not stated but Nissan Service manager described as "Shocking". He also suggested that the bump stops on the steering of the '09 model could be wound out up to three full turns each stop to help improve the turning circle. He also said if you push your vehicle hard ie 4WD rough terrain, you are more likely to do damage as a result of moving the bump stops. Your call, I reckon I'll wind mine out 2 turns.

All other specs are identical.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long post!

Cheers,

DJ

HEY GUYS

here goes... sorry to inform you all but the 09 D22 is made in Thailand, so glad i got an 08 model which is made in Japan :big_smile: You can tell from your VIN number, if it starts with a JN1... it is a japan build, if it has MN it is thailand/Malaysia build, and D40 are VS im pretty sure as they are European (spain) build. Not sure i would be to happy bout a thai built, even though they are still pretty much the same, not that im racist :stop:

second...
The dual battery set up, isnt "so much" a dual battery set up, the second battery is still wired into the main harness and there is no isolator between it and the other battery, = one goes flat they both go flat so to speak, have heard talk bout guys doin a TRI-battery install. As you cannot modify the second battery as you will void warranty because of the fact that it is wired into the main engine compartment wiring. i used to work for nissan, but now for ford, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask as I have plenty of contacts in the trade. :bike:

P.s- Id rather the shorter tray, the rear step gets a massive bashing as it is without another 100mm on the end of it!! :suicide:

There different. The terminals are reversed.

ZD30 powered GU's run the same battery as the ZD30 powered D22, the terminals are on the opposite side of the battery though.

Dave.

yeah but the battery can just be put in the other way. or did u miss the joke lol.

HEY GUYS

second...
The dual battery set up, isnt "so much" a dual battery set up, the second battery is still wired into the main harness and there is no isolator between it and the other battery, = one goes flat they both go flat so to speak, have heard talk bout guys doin a TRI-battery install. As you cannot modify the second battery as you will void warranty because of the fact that it is wired into the main engine compartment wiring. i used to work for nissan, but now for ford, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask as I have plenty of contacts in the trade. :bike:

Damn that's not good about voiding warranty. . I'm getting one in about 2-3 weeks and that was the first thing i was going to change. put a large deep cycle battery in so i can run my fridge when going camping.
So whats the point of having 2 starting battery's anyways.

Whats a tri-battery install?

You might be able to run a bigger CCA battery in the standard spots. Or the tri-battery - keep your standard duals and then run another battery (prob have to be in a box in the tray with anderson plug-just pull it out when your not using your fridge) on an isolator as you would with dual batteries. It can be done.

I have measured my tub for doing a drawer setup and the tub is 1515mm x 1515mm inside.
I have waited almost 3 months:angry: for my canopy since May from Nissan and at the end it was a ARB one:big_smile:.The towbar was fitted with the first 1000km service and it is a Nissan one.
The batteries has got no markings on them exept for 75D23L on the top:dong:.They are from Tailand.They are also conected in parallal.

My ZD30 powered D22 has a 670CCA battery, standard one Nissan use.

Pretty good battery me thinks, done well.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back