Manual to auto conversation.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Reaction score
I live in the Caribbean, Trinidad. I have the D22 with the YD25DDTi, the 4X2, 4X4 look, crew cab, presently looking at converting to auto transmission.

Has anybody done this???

I would be interested in getting information on doing this.

Can't you buy auto's? I wouldn't even contemplate doing it unless I had another complete truck to swap the parts out of. Too many things could go wrong.

i would have to check but generally speaking your looking at needing auto gearbox with bell housing, ECU, (possibly wiring loom), most likly driveshafts and gearbox mount.
also it would pay to measure the gearbox tunnel through the cab to make sure it will fit.
you would have to make sure your vechile wiring loom has the wiring for the auto and sensors.

might be cheaper and easier to sell it and buy an auto one.

I live in the Caribbean, Trinidad. I have the D22 with the YD25DDTi, the 4X2, 4X4 look, crew cab, presently looking at converting to auto transmission.

Has anybody done this???

I would be interested in getting information on doing this.

Here in Oz you can only get a manual, not an auto, so not sure what is available elsewhere? Anyways the Caribbean is a long way from here, so good to hear from Nav drivers on the other side of the world!

Here in Oz you can only get a manual, not an auto, so not sure what is available elsewhere? Anyways the Caribbean is a long way from here, so good to hear from Nav drivers on the other side of the world!

Thanks for the welcome.

Hear in Trinidad, the D22 does not come in auto. I was thinking along the lines of using a TD 25 transmission and fabricating a plate to mate both engine and transmission together. This does not come with any electrical hook ups. There in no other option other that get a complet swap from a D40, which is unavaiable over hear.

Know any Jap importers ?

Talk to them, I know NZ got YD25DDTI non CRD powered D22's.

Tweake will post some info up if NZ got Auto's.

The only auto D22's in Australia are petrol's, KA24E/DE, VG30E powered.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back