5 speed gearbox options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch#23

Reaction score
Hey,

I have an '88 2wd navara single cab, that I just bought as my first car. Its currently running the stock z20 motor and 4-speed column shift gearbox. I want to change to a 5-speed floor shift and I'm just wondering what gearbox's would bolt straight onto my z20. I've heard a gearbox from a z24 would bolt straight on, is this true? And as my ute has a 2- peice tailshaft set up would my front tail shaft be the same length or would i need the 5-speed tailshaft also?

Any help would be great, as I havn't had much experience with navaras. If you need any part numbers or codes or measurements, just let me know.

Cheers, Mitch

"Looks at Dion"

Z24 bolt should bolt up. There should be a plate that needs removing from the floor.

Steering column may need changing.

Tailshaft, no idea.

Id say there the same.

I want to change to a 5-speed floor shift and I'm just wondering what gearbox's would bolt straight onto my z20. I've heard a gearbox from a z24 would bolt straight on, is this true?

Yeah that would work, provided you get a box from another 2wd.

And as my ute has a 2- peice tailshaft set up would my front tail shaft be the same length or would i need the 5-speed tailshaft also?

No the tailshaft should fit straight up.

Latest posts

Back