Egt sensor install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice on installing an EGT sensor on the factory dump in my D40 2010 model.
Before or after cat?
Do I need to remove heat shields?

Someone who has done please help?

Can't help with the factory gear -but here's mine installed into a custom dump pipe.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx34/angusd/Probe.jpg
Probe.jpg

The most accurate reading is JUST before the turbocharger, where the exhaust manifold combines into a single pipe. This is the point where the most heat will be, and more importantly, it is measuring the amount of heat that is impacting the turbocharger.

On the other side of the turbo, the heat is much less - it could be lower by anywhere from 150C to 250C, as the energy from the exhaust is used by the turbine.

If your gauge cannot read 900C, I would put it AFTER the turbo. Before the turbo, you'll get temps up around 750C under full load. Just be aware that after the turbocharger, you may see a 100C variation in what the temperature was.

Chip-it, are very keen to get correct readings on EGT's and have a monitor system for it. threads on here or see there site.

Yeh chipit it also aren't to clued on with how to install them though, because I followed his instruction and he said to use the probe bolt to tap it because I didn't have a tap set now I got a dirty great hole in my dump pipe and know Egt gauge installed. While there chip is secon to none, the blokes who sell them don't know shit. An to top it off the thread is ****ed on the probe bolt and according to Robert from chipit I have to buy another one ****ing pissed off big time.

Latest posts

Back