Moreton island!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil_Menace

Reaction score
Was thinking about heading over to Moreton island shortly for little getaway, But just had alook how much it is on the MiCat ferrys! Man is that for real? $190.00 off peak for the car.$190.00 for my trailer. Then its $37.10 to let drive over there, And then its $18.00 per night to stay there!
So thats Nearly 500 bucks before i even start! Can this be right?

yeah mate its as dear as poison, its a great place to go but kinda gets you second guessing if its worth it. straddie barge i thinks is about 170 return, just as dear really. so if you go over you would want to stay for a week or so rather than just a weekend or long weekend to make it worth while.

Matty

Yeah mate its not cheap, I miss the old Combi trader, it wasnt cheap either but the whole experience of cracking a tinny at 5am with the other fisherman and talking about previous trips was worth every cent.

If you have never been I strongly suggest you splash out the cash and go visit the most beautiful place that I have been to so far. A couple of mate's and I go for the tailor every august.

To be honest if I had the deciding vote whether to keep the barge fee's as they are or quarter their price I would keep them as they are, I love the fact that there are hardly any people over there (no doubt due to the cost). We camp on the eastern beaches and feel like we have the whole island to ourselves.

I am going to try and do a weekend trip over there before the end of august this year to take the missus and kids over. I agree that it is a pretty expensive weekend but over a week the cost evens out not too bad, especially if you split it up between a couple of people in the car.

I took the family to Stardbroke Isle last year, and we all loved it. I think it was about $130 return. I too was planning on checking out Morton Isle this year.
What other islands are available around brisbane ? My miss will not even consider Fraser Isle, she has nightmares about our six year and dingos !!!

Straddie is over populated for my liking, Fraser isnt to bad, $150 on the barge with the trailer from inskip.
I know Moreton will be beautiful and not many people But bugger me 500 bucks even before we get on the boat!!!
We went on our honey moon up to Deepwater National park for 2 weeks and seen 2 people all that time, One of em was a ranger lol. And i know that we would have spent 500 bucks on eveything for 2 weeks!
Maybe i'm just being a cheap ass?

I honestly prefer moreton to the other islands even with the higher costs. We spent a few days there and there is way less people around. Great snorkelling around the wreck and good fishing. I loved it there, pity there is nothing like it up this way.

It is excy, but is a fantastic place. These are some of the pic I took in Feruary when we went over, we camped at the Blue Lagoon campsite on the Eastern side and hardly saw any other people.

http://www.navara.asia/trips-touring/299-moreton-island.html

Tried to go fishing in the surf, but there were no fish at all, and I doubt my fishing ability had anything to do with it! or lack thereof :idea:

Latest posts

Back