My camper

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
After a fair bit of research, I finally bit the bullet, and ordered one of these about 8 weeks ago, it was built to order with a few customisations, such as 16" wheels, Drifta kitchen and storage box, lockable box at the wheel arch, and specific placing of Jerry and Gas holders. Regarding electrics, it just has the battery box, wired to an anderson plug. Once I start to use it I'll decide what I want set up where.

I picked it up on saturday arvo, but sadly it rained all day today so I couldn't set it up today. Just a couple of pics that my son took with his ipod. I was too busy ohhing and ahhing to take photos!

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

OT I know but is that your ute in the background?

And your camper is growing feet.

Geez, You could fit a couple of 80L waeco's in there with room to spare!!
Looking forward to pics of it set up.

Looks good mate. Also looks like a great place for us all to shelter on trips where we get rained on!

camp trailer looks good. i have been looking around doing a bit of research for when we are ready to buy one, so can i ask a few questions?

what company is the trailer from?

does it have springs & shocks or just springs?

whats the water carrying capacity?

i noticed the 4x4 hitch and brake set up which from what i gather is definitely the go, are the brake just manual or electric brake control?

can i ask what was the damage to the bank balance?

:cheers!: thanks.
nathan

Thanks Nathan
what company is the trailer from?
the blokes name is jason, and his business is Aussie jays campers, I looked at plenty, and the quality of his build is excellent, every weld is spot on, I can see real pride in his work.

does it have springs & shocks or just springs?
just eye to eye shackel mounted springs.

whats the water carrying capacity?
59l, but you can put what ever tank you want in since he builds to order

i noticed the 4x4 hitch and brake set up which from what i gather is definitely the go, are the brake just manual or electric brake control?
the trailer weight is 650kg, and ATM of 1500kg so brakes are a must. the ones I have are the manual ones

can i ask what was the damage to the bank balance?
by the time you add a kitch of choice, extra lock box, upped to 16" wheels, and rear hitch & bike rack, you are near enough to 10k.

Nathan, If you look here all your questions will be answered.
https://www.aussiejayscampers.com/AUSSIE_JAYS_CAMPERS.php

Last edited:
thanks Heata for the info and the link, i will get onto that site and have a look.
:cheers!:
nathan

Looks great Heath,don't put any waeco's in it,it will lose value. :devil:
Whens the maiden trip?

Thanks Ian, about time I got some support from team engel!
We donthave a free weekend for about three weeks, so that will be it. (not counting the trip to the RTA this Thursday!)
but then of to Qld in september hols.

Latest posts

Back