Cheap Ebay Snorkels....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan04

Reaction score
G'day,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge with the cheapo $200 ish snorkels for the d22 on ebay?

Cheers,
Dan.

I'm not 100% positive, but I am fairly sure the cheapies are made of the crap chinese plastic, whereas the proper Safaris etc have all the good UV stabilized plastics.

I haven't read anyones actual reports on the cheaper ones though, they may be alright.

Do a search, there was a bloke on here a while ago who bought one and seemed oretty happy with it.

Mitch

G;day guys,

Bought a D22 snorkel off E-bay ex Malaysia which turned up today ...9 days after purchase ! Price was $109.99 + $69.99 freight. I ordered an extra rams head for $19.99 combined freight. (you're bound to knock 1 off in the bush).

Quality was good....solid LLDPE mouldings, brass inserts in the snorkel,
stainless studs, clamps, locktite nuts and washers. Fit was good and connections airtight.

ADVANTAGES

Template supplied

Fits direct to aircleaner eliminating precleaner

DISADVANTAGES

Side indicator light needs to be relocated (allowed in the template)

No instructions (but I can post a step by step from my experience)

Connection pipe to aircleaner impedes on auxiliary battery space (This could be overcome by cutting the " U " out of this pipe and replacing with an " L " shaped pipe along the Guard.

Overall....Fast delivery, good quality, neat fit, cheap price!

Cheers SOLO:dancing:

Cheers for that mate.

I think you have to move the indicator with the safari snorkels too. Does it fully cover the old indicator hole?

Cheers

Yes, It cover the old hole.
You have a little flexibility in positioning!

Cheers Solo

Some photo's of snorkel install

Cheers Solo

Attachments

• DSCF2428.jpg
    DSCF2428.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 234
Seem to be challenged uploading more than 1 photo at a time?

"Hole drilled in connection pipe for airflow sensor"

Attachments

• DSCF2423.jpg
    DSCF2423.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 152
Hey Solo, I've just bought one off ebay and it came from Direct4X4 Accessories in SA. Received the larger connection pipe as well. You mentioned the
"Connection pipe to aircleaner impedes on auxiliary battery space (This could be overcome by cutting the " U " out of this pipe and replacing with an " L " shaped pipe along the Guard" do you have any pics on how you did that ?. Stevo

G;day guys,

Bought a D22 snorkel off E-bay ex Malaysia which turned up today ...9 days after purchase ! Price was $109.99 + $69.99 freight. I ordered an extra rams head for $19.99 combined freight. (you're bound to knock 1 off in the bush).

Quality was good....solid LLDPE mouldings, brass inserts in the snorkel,
stainless studs, clamps, locktite nuts and washers. Fit was good and connections airtight.

ADVANTAGES

Template supplied

Fits direct to aircleaner eliminating precleaner

DISADVANTAGES

Side indicator light needs to be relocated (allowed in the template)

No instructions (but I can post a step by step from my experience)

Connection pipe to aircleaner impedes on auxiliary battery space (This could be overcome by cutting the " U " out of this pipe and replacing with an " L " shaped pipe along the Guard.

Overall....Fast delivery, good quality, neat fit, cheap price!

Cheers SOLO:dancing:

Do yo have a link to the company or the ebay listing?

Latest posts

Back