D22 zd30 power problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Neve

Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone has had problems getting up to speed in their 3l d22? Takes me 17secs at flat foot to get to 80kmh and have been told it’s way slower than what they’re supposed to be. Car runs and sounds fine so wondering if anyone would have a solution or could tell me if that’s just how they are

Mine takes about 21 seconds to get to 100km/h. This is a bit slow, perhaps because of its age as mine has over 300,000km on it. Perhaps someone with less worn out engine can chime in.
Also, there is a common cause of low power in 3rd and 4th gear. This is caused by a bad NPS (neutral position switch).

I have come to the conclusion they are just slow, I wouldn’t say mine is dire slow but not much better

If it starts and runs ok when cold, then it mechanically good. Just had the head off mine for head gasket at 300k and everything was good. Even cam chain. Check turbo boost and ur injector pump ( at a Bosch diesel place) They can tell u how ur advance is looking, a good indicator of its health. The pumps go around that mileage, mine took 20k from noticing drop in power until it finally stopped for good.

mines done around 416k and going stronger than ever. I'll have to time my 0-100km/h. I've done quite a few modifications to mine now, but still stock injector pump.
I'm running stage 2 BAET re-map and the associated mods for that to work. I live remote WA so have to hammer past 3 trailer road trains regularly.

mines done around 416k and going stronger than ever. I'll have to time my 0-100km/h. I've done quite a few modifications to mine now, but still stock injector pump.
I'm running stage 2 BAET re-map and the associated mods for that to work. I live remote WA so have to hammer past 3 trailer road trains regularly.
Ye with mine a full over taking lane isn’t enough for a big truck. Max speed of the car is 120kmh

If it starts and runs ok when cold, then it mechanically good. Just had the head off mine for head gasket at 300k and everything was good. Even cam chain. Check turbo boost and ur injector pump ( at a Bosch diesel place) They can tell u how ur advance is looking, a good indicator of its health. The pumps go around that mileage, mine took 20k from noticing drop in power until it finally stopped for good.
Turbo is something I thought could be a factor as it feels like it holds no boost

Turbo is something I thought could be a factor as it feels like it holds no boost
it helps, i'm running upgraded GCG (+20% flow) model and about 21 psi, using a pneumatic boost cut defender and normal boost t to achieve that. Obviously front mount intercooler, 2,75" exhaust, custom sealed airbox with pod filter fed from snorkel, with stage 2 BAET remap of ECU, stock injectors, stock & original fuel pump. Top speed 170Km/h.

Latest posts

Back