D22 Front Suspension Woes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alanj

Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I would tell of my experience with a new D22 that I took delivery of in January 2011.

From the first drive it did not seem to track straight, it would dip into tight left had turns and a loud banging noise came from the front right suspension when a bump was encountered in a left hand turn. I took it back to the dealer and they said they could not reproduce the fault. I was obviously not satisfied with that so I went straight to the Service Manager. He was very helpful, he drove the car, identified the fault and commited to fixing it. The wheel alignment was significantly out, the right hand front ride height was out of adjustment (6mm lower than the left) and 2 body mounts were stuffed. How can this be so in a brand new car?

Anyway, its all fixed now and it drives well. The message here is don't be put off by lazy dealer service guys, keep trying until you find somebody who cares. Hats off to Don at Garry Crick Nambour.

I had all the body mounts replaced under warranty in my D22 500kms after driving it out of the show room.

Its pretty common from what i've read here.

Hey mate,

Glad to hear its all fixed. The body rubbers in the d22 especially from 08onwards have been known to be of poor quality. Mine had completely falling out both front mounts that is.

Rusty

Hey mate,

Glad to hear its all fixed. The body rubbers in the d22 especially from 08onwards have been known to be of poor quality. Mine had completely falling out both front mounts that is.

Rusty

When you say 08 do you mean the first of the Thai built Nav's and on wards?

I have the last of the 08 Jap made Nav's that have a different chassis to the Thai built ones.

Well that would explain what's going on with mine... I doubt I have warranty as I'm the second owner and the previous never got log book services.
Where should I look to see if this is my problem? And what should I look for?

Isiman I am the 2nd owner of mine and it had never been serviced when I got it. You still have the warranty just not on aftermarket fittings. Take it to them and get it sorted. Or if your worried ring Nissan and find out if its still has warranty on it.

Latest posts

Back